Kitchen Fitting/Design/Recommendations Megathread. No Quotes Or actual Jobs

Had a quote from Grand Design which drained the blood from my face. Considering others now.

We went with Grand Designs, the quote was in the same region as Creative and David J Martin.

We've just had photos taken and approved a before/after full page advert to go in some local magazine.

Oops, hadn't realised your OP was an old one.

Our problem is that the kitchen is small so to make the changes I wanted had a domino effect throughout and meant the costs just kept escalating. We are re-evaluating what we think is necessary and what is merely desirable.

Hi all, on the verge of buying a Schriber kitchen from Homebase, but the net is full of bad reviews, especially about fitting. Anyone any experience of Homebase kitchens please, thanks in advance. Mods I checked and the existing threads are too old to be of use really.

Mum has one, it's OK. was cheap as chips with all the discounts and my brother fitted it. Find someone else to fit it and make sure they are flexible as loads of bits were missing / wrong and it took a while to get them sorted.

Go with Howdens would be my advise.

Mum has one, it's OK. was cheap as chips with all the discounts and my brother fitted it. Find someone else to fit it and make sure they are flexible as loads of bits were missing / wrong and it took a while to get them sorted.

Go with Howdens would be my advise.

thanks neeeek

This is exactly what is being said on the 'net. Terrible fitting, parts missing and awful customer service. Was yours Schreiber btw? if so what was the quality of the units like?

thanks neeeek

This is exactly what is being said on the 'net. Terrible fitting, parts missing and awful customer service. Was yours Schreiber btw? if so what was the quality of the units like?

Dont be fooled by the name Schreiber. Its not the same Schreiber of old and the quality is fair at best. A relative had so much hassle with Homebase its unreal. In the end she gave up and sent it back which was another story in itself.

Dont be fooled by the name Schreiber. Its not the same Schreiber of old and the quality is fair at best. A relative had so much hassle with Homebase its unreal. In the end she gave up and sent it back which was another story in itself.

Thanks really useful info. The quality of the "Schreiber" example kitchen in the shop looked very good, i have fitted Sheffield Kitchen Outlet kitchen before and this seemed to be on a par, so have been tempted and of course they currently have 60% off plus another 15% for spend over £150.

All irrelevant though if they can't deliver the product!

Thanks really useful info. The quality of the "Schreiber" example kitchen in the shop looked very good, i have fitted Sheffield Kitchen Outlet kitchen before and this seemed to be on a par, so have been tempted and of course they currently have 60% off plus another 15% for spend over £150.

All irrelevant though if they can't deliver the product!

Yeah the prices can seem good on the surface but you have to weigh that up against all the hassle you may have. Saying that you could be a lucky one and everything will be plain sailing but the reviews online are so bad if it were me id not take the risk. Also the customer service (i use this term very grudgingly) is appalling. I dont think a single one of my relatives calls was returned and at one point she was on the phone to them around twice a day every day.

I dont understand why kitchens are so expensive , after all they all made from chipboard!

Kitchen units are prone to damp, so why dont they make them from plastic (the carcasses)

I dont understand why kitchens are so expensive , after all they all made from chipboard!

Kitchen units are prone to damp, so why dont they make them from plastic (the carcasses)

A plastic carcass will last forever. They dont want your kitchen to last for ever otherwise youd never buy another one.

Well thats my guess anyway.

A plastic carcass will last forever. They dont want your kitchen to last for ever otherwise youd never buy another one.

Well thats my guess anyway.

It would make perfect sense though, kitchens dont seem to have ever improved