Kitchen Fitting/Design/Recommendations Megathread. No Quotes Or actual Jobs

magnet are ok, im not a fan of ikea or wren, i can supply too

Hi, i would be happy to get you a kitchen plan done and give you a free quote

Matt nightingale

In my experience it's cheaper to buy from a manufacturer that also do the install rather than somebody who buys the units and then fits them for you,we have recently done a job where a joiner quoted 2k for a two door sliding wardrobe with him buying the stuff from b&q. We made our own bespoke wardrobes and with fitting we were half the price

QUOTE=Kitty_77;8943697]Hi,

We're looking to get a new kitchen, this would include ripping out the existing kitchen and fitting the new kitchen. Is it generally less expensive to buy the units and get someone independent in to fit, or go with the the company supplying the units? I only ask as we have started looking, and places such as Ikea and Magnet seem to be hinting that the cost of fitting would be similar to the cost of the kitchen - is that correct, seems quite steep to me...

Thanks,

Kitty

hi i be happy to quote on full ktchen or just fitting ta jeff

My mum bought a homebase kitchen in sale and they wanted 3 times the price of the kitchen to fit it!

If you have a facebook account, look at my page 'Sheffield Interiors', I can quote for a complete job with all styles if kitchens and all makes if appliances. Thanks. Scott

I'm wanting to revamp my kitchen and add more cupboards, but the ones that are currently fitted are in perfectly good condition so I'd like to re-use the cabinets if I can (they would need to be taken down and put up in different places as I'm rearranging the layout) and just buy a few new ones for the extra cupboards. I can't find doors to match the current ones so I would need to have a whole set of new doors, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone about whether it would be possible to reuse the old cabinets and just fit new doors on them or whether each shop has different fittings etc on the doors so you have to use them with their cabinets. I guess people in the shops would rather I bought all new cabinets since that means more money for them! Can anyone help?

Edit - I should have mentioned, I'm not actually looking for someone to do the work for me at the moment, I already have someone to do it. He's just on holiday at the moment so I can't ask him and I want to have it all planned out so we can get on with it when he gets back!

Edited by rosaespanola

If your existing units are standard construction(i.e b&q diy type) they mostly fit all doors.

The only problem i've come across is drawer fronts that aren't doweled or prepared for biscuit joints.

The hinges are usually the big round fitting type which has almost become standard.

You just need to measure doors,chances are doors may limited in sizes,but 1000 bases etc are common place.

I've revamped three kitchens in the same fashion,even going from chipboard type doors to solid wood ones.

If you measure the old doors and go to B&Q, the measurements are on the packaging. Did ar lasses kitchen last year, replaced all the doors and fitted 2 new unit and it look brand new. Only cost £200 for doors, drawer fronts and units

Thanks everyone - I thought that cabinets would probably be a standard size, I just wasn't sure if there was a difference in the way the doors were fitted or anything that meant that doors & cabinets had to be from the same place. That's good news, it'll cut the costs down a lot!