Kitchen Fitting/Design/Recommendations Megathread. No Quotes Or actual Jobs

i did 11 years selling kitchens including the cad palnit system , you tire very easily off planning from blueprints, as the final plans can alter/fall through, a decent planner will take a couple of hours to get a first draught plan together, 99.9% it will be changed for something totally different , companies will be more willing when the plaster is on the wall , windows and doors are in, kitchen planning isnt like scribbling on a pad in a few minutes for a quote, you should narrow your enquiry to the companies that you like the kitchens, this used to wind us up in the kitchen trade, the customers would come in for the fancy pictures and list of units and go elsewhere to buy them, all kitchen plans should be chargeable, refundable on the purchase of the kitchen

i did 11 years selling kitchens including the cad palnit system , you tire very easily off planning from blueprints, as the final plans can alter/fall through, a decent planner will take a couple of hours to get a first draught plan together, 99.9% it will be changed for something totally different , companies will be more willing when the plaster is on the wall , windows and doors are in, kitchen planning isnt like scribbling on a pad in a few minutes for a quote, you should narrow your enquiry to the companies that you like the kitchens, this used to wind us up in the kitchen trade, the customers would come in for the fancy pictures and list of units and go elsewhere to buy them, all kitchen plans should be chargeable, refundable on the purchase of the kitchen

I agree completely, but we couldn't even get anyone to spend a little bit of time to discuss what we could possibly fit in. Kitchen suppliers may tire of working off plan, but they have to speculate to accumilate. The customer is king and refusing to assist the man with the money just makes it look like they're not interested and don't want the business.

Wickes actually came up with a draft plan today and this is the first company to actually show some interest in what we are trying to achieve. They've given us an idea as to what the space looks like, rather than 1:100 plans. The fact that Wickes have actually given us some plans actually makes them stand out above those who just didn't have the time...

Just move boilers in two kitchens for wren (private fitters) and both comented on ease of fit. The sales guy aslo pestered me in the street so I'm sure they'll come and give you a free quote.

Bear us in mind if you'd like any gas or plumbing work under taken.

Hi all,

I've just about to complete planning on a large extension for a 30's semi in S10. We need a kitchen supplier to do some plans, so we can work out what we can get in to the space and also to show us if any adjustments are required prior to building (to get the best layout etc). We'd then want a great kitchen and have a good budget.

We've been to Moben (won't do any work until planning completed, even though they had made an appointment for a planner to attend in error). They were rude and un-helpful.

Kitchen Creations said they'd do a layout plan for us within a couple of weeks and have our plans. That was 4 weeks ago and they made us feel everything was just too much trouble.

Wickes. We liked their units etc. but they haven't come back with any ideas or plans etc.

Does no one need the business? We have the money, but no one seems to want to help us. Please let me know of any good kitchen supplying companies that want the work, have good quality products and a good reputation.

Many thanks,

Nick.

We had the very same problem this time last year and asked Kitchen Creations and Corner Kitchens to do us a plan. We spent a couple of hours of our time with both of them in order to try and get a good plan and neither of them got back to us... well, Corner Kitchens did but after the extension was built and the kitchen was in... so a little late! We did get plans back from Arnold Lavers that didn't look anything like we had described, cupboards were the wrong sizes and in the wrong places so decided to forget about them. We ended up getting a kitchen fitter in to do it in the end and he sourced the kitchen for us. He was OK, but not sure I would recommend him.

Phil Greenwood seems to get a lot of good recommendations and also Jeff the joiner (jsmith2009) on here also does.

Good luck with it all.

Just a different perspective, maybe ask people who NOT to use. I did this a while ago and got quite a lot of people PM me back the same tradesman and kitchen suppliers. I also got invites to see the work they were complaining about.

I was extremely surprised by the names mentioned as they are recommended time after time on the forum. Makes me wonder if friends and family are involved.

kitchen direct from chapeltown are good we got a great kitchen from them, if you need any plastering doing contact A.D Plastering on 07538624488.

Kitchens Direct have a new showroom opening soon on Weedon street next to meadowhall and its all fair and well to say family and friends shove a designer/supplier/fitter etc. in their own interest`s but to view for yourself can help you decide and the new designs on show (as above) with granite work surfaces and latest quality appliances look fit for a Beverly Hills mansion or Saddams palace :D

So my connection is?

KD are fitting our kitchen after hearing good reviews and seeing the new showroom so,,,;)

The kitchen store abbeydale road. Fantastic.

Hi there, we always use the Hillsborough branch of Howdens, ask for Julia, I've known her for many years and she is very professional and there's nothing she doesn't know about kitchens 01142341006.

Gavin.

hi there we would highly recommend Howdens for your kitchen, if you would like a quote for any work to be carried out or any advice just call Josh on either of the numbers below as we are based in S10 so can easily call round, many thanks