Kitchen Fitting/Design/Recommendations Megathread. No Quotes Or actual Jobs

Mod Note

Threads Merged

I need my kitchen doing, Howens have done a design, 1800quid excluding appliances. looks alright, standard units from their Greenwich range.

I popped into Wickes as they have a sale on and one of their chaps did design based on one of their better kitchens (Not the budget one they keep in stock) The layout was roughly the same and it came in at around the same sort of price after the reductions. I had a couple of wall units that opened upwards with the Wickes one which I like but are more expensive and pushed the price up. I guess Howdens will also sell similar ones.

Anyone experience of both? Which would you say would be better quality?

Thanks

:)

I need my kitchen doing, Howens have done a design, 1800quid excluding appliances. looks alright, standard units from their Greenwich range.

I popped into Wickes as they have a sale on and one of their chaps did design based on one of their better kitchens (Not the budget one they keep in stock) The layout was roughly the same and it came in at around the same sort of price after the reductions. I had a couple of wall units that opened upwards with the Wickes one which I like but are more expensive and pushed the price up. I guess Howdens will also sell similar ones.

Anyone experience of both? Which would you say would be better quality?

Thanks

:)

Does the price include fitting ... if so, I'd say the price you've given is exceptionally good value (based on an average sized Kitchen). I think maybe it doesn't include fitting?

Just as a thought, a friend of mine has recently had a kitchen fitted that he bought from Ikea (being a mate, I fitted it). Surprisingly, it's very nice (gloss white). Having been to Ikea myself to get some bits for it (Cardiff), I was pretty surprised at their extensive kitchen range, which includes worktops, tiles, sinks, taps etc.

Maybe worth a quick look as the prices are very good (not to Cardiff, obviously).

No, fitting not included! I designed a friends kitchen on the Ikea designer and she is really happy with it. I don't have time though to be driving to Ikea so sticking local.

Anyone else have experience of Wickes and Howdens?

hi i've fitted both . i think howdens is alittle bit better but i think wickes are very good on prices . ask when wickes sale dates start i'm sure they have one in spring ta jeff

hi i've fitted both . i think howdens is alittle bit better but i think wickes are very good on prices . ask when wickes sale dates start i'm sure they have one in spring ta jeff

Hi,

The sale is on now. 50% off and another 10% if ordered before a certain date.

I know the full price prices are a joke, but the 50% off price is still as expensive as Howdens, unless I go for the super cheap stuff that is not in the sale and carried in stock (which I don't want to do).

The one I am looking at in Wickes is about the same price as the Howdens one after discount. So is it just massively over priced to start with, or is it better quality?

Thanks again :)

I have some kitchen enquiries if anyone can help? I have one of the old council houses with a small kitchen but with a downstairs toilet and large storage area attached, I want to knock through and make it one big room with a new kitchen units etc...has anyone done this? I don't even know where to start! Or how much this will cost!! Thanks

I have some kitchen enquiries if anyone can help? I have one of the old council houses with a small kitchen but with a downstairs toilet and large storage area attached, I want to knock through and make it one big room with a new kitchen units etc...has anyone done this? I don't even know where to start! Or how much this will cost!! Thanks

I did mine a few years back. fortunately the walls were not supporting so we have a decent sized dining kitchen, PM me if you want me to take a look.

---------- Post added 08-04-2015 at 11:47 ----------

I sent you a PM

I was wondering if anyone knows of a kitchen fitter who installs ready assembled kitchen units, plasters a room and can do water and electrical work all in one go without me having to use different trades. The actual kitchen will be delivered 6 November and I don't know where to start.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a kitchen fitter who installs ready assembled kitchen units, plasters a room and can do water and electrical work all in one go without me having to use different trades. The actual kitchen will be delivered 6 November and I don't know where to start.

Call for a quote