Kitchen Fitting/Design/Recommendations Megathread. No Quotes Or actual Jobs

Hi

Im matt from A.W.Nightingale & Sons joinery

I would be happy to come measure up and get you some drawings and prices within a couple of days please call me on 07938069679 so i can get abit more info from you

Thanks matt

I got mine from future kitchens. The guy was really helpful and spent a good hour and a half drawing the plans up for what i would say is a basic L-shaped kitchen so he took his time and thought in the planning, have not had it fitted yet though, looking for a good fitter at reasonable price because future kitchens charged too much for the fitting. However, I got a good deal in buying a kitchen from them along with the plans.

We're looking into getting a new kitchen in the next couple of months, and thought the sales mights be a good place to start. Just wondered what the good folks of Sheffield had in the way of suggestions or experience comments? We were looking initially at Howdens or Wickes but are open to other ideas. We don't need appliances or fitting just the units and tops. Cheers!

We had a nightmare with Wickes. It was a few years ago, so they may have sorted their act out but we had to call 'customer support' often and every time we did, we were waiting at least an hour before the call was answered. Honestly, it took that long. After about 2 years also, the fancy wire work we got to go in the corner cupboards started to drop to pieces.

We've since bought free standing uits from ikea and mixed them with some of thier fitted units. It depends how much you want to spend though, if you go for the luxury end I suppose the sevice will be better.

Hi mate I am looking to do the same. I have been to all the major places like bandq, wickes, homebase and then went to Wren. They didn't seem too bad comparing quality to price. I have also been to Sheffield Kitchen Centre and compared their prices for flat packed and made up units and they have come up decent especially as there was a specific corner piece that I wanted but some of the others couldn't do them.

My experience of the kitchen designers of two of the bigger ones was that they seemed to know better than you how the kitchen should look and where everything should go!!

Anyway good luck and there is plenty of advice on the forum already if you use the search function.

cbr900 on here did ours , can't say enough about em . Their number is 07771623872

sheffield kitchen outlet , carlisle steet , highly reccomende

We used a local builder who used Howdens..

Over a year and a half on, our kitchen still looks as nice as the day it was fitted.

Wren is owned buy eBuyer, so just a heads up...

call for a quote, i can do all your running about ,.all you have to do is choose the style. i wont be beaten on price and quality

hi i have a holdens account . i would be happy to let you use my account . i,m just interested in getting the fitting work . i can run the job from start to finish or work with any various trades you could have already . if you have any questions or need any advice just call me ta jeff

Edited by jsmith2009
spelling

My experience of the kitchen designers of two of the bigger ones was that they seemed to know better than you how the kitchen should look and where everything should go

I used to work for Monks on Queen's Rd and for Arnold Carters on Devonshire Street. From experience with so called designers, they're usually men and rarely listen to what you really want. For anyone interested I'll offer a design service that is impartial and suited to YOU, not the salesman's profits.