Kitchen Fitting/Design/Recommendations Megathread. No Quotes Or actual Jobs

The prices are a gimmicks at Homebase and the so called sale is not a real sale just they put silly prices on things and reduce. Why they don't just sell at a realistic price instead of all this yo yo pricing is beyond me, maybe something to hide! As for the quality it is not brilliant and if you are to be like there so called orginal price then it is very cheap tack. Go to somewhere like howdens! B&Queen kitchens are good value and quality but expect supply issues as their supply chain is not great

Had a quote from Grand Design which drained the blood from my face. Considering others now.

Give Sheffield Kitchen Outlet on Carlisle St a look. Their showroom isn't the flashest, but don't let that give the wrong impression. We've just got our new kitchen from there and they did the best range/quality/price of all the places we went to. Joiner Andy is doing a fab job of the refurb.

thanks neeeek

This is exactly what is being said on the 'net. Terrible fitting, parts missing and awful customer service. Was yours Schreiber btw? if so what was the quality of the units like?

They were fine, it was pretty cheap. That's about all I can say! I wouldn't order one with all the hassle she had getting the right bits.

I've ordered a Howdens kitchen, cost me about 2grand. Cream gloss units, soft close hinges, extractor, no appliances as using my old ones.

Chap was great who came round, made me a design with a plan and full breakdown.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/trumpmuffin/GOWE1.jpg

Units are ready made so no assembly time. If stuff missing they will have it in stock, no waiting for weeks.

I liked a Wickes designed kitchen, was quite similar. In their 60% off with extra 10% discount it was still more expensive than the Howdens one.

They came back with a price, I asked for a few extras that really bumped it up (nicer sink and soft hinges) I said was surprised so could they do any better and they trimmed it by a couple of hundred so worth a barter.

I don't know of any builders who don't recommend them which has to be a good thing!

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

Hi.

Looking for a local company who can design/install a new kitchen for us (including appliances).

Needs to be high quality, modern at a reasonable price.

I've read some of the above recommendations but some posts quite old now.

Thanks.

call 01142759415 ask for janet

got some cracking deals on right now

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 16:27 ----------

free survey

no obligation

call 01142759415 ask for janet

got some cracking deals on right now

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 16:27 ----------

free survey

no obligation

Thanks but who's Janet? i.e. Which company?

Can recommend sheffield kitchen outlet just off Penistone Road. We used Ewan there to design it, and Kain from our builders ASK fitted, although SKO have fitters they can recommend.

Thanks but who's Janet? i.e. Which company?

Sorry It's Howdens Bramall Lane (p.s it's not me by the way , my sister has just had a gorgeous one from there , wiil try and get I pic if you want )

Anyone recommend a joiner/kitchen fitter that is able to fit a kitchen end Nov/early Dec?

We are thinking about buying a new kitchen at home but then come across websites that offer new worktops and doors. Our old kitchen it's self is still in good order so was thinking this may be a good option.

Any body done this before? If so where do we go about sourcing the materials. And are they easy to fit yourself? Thanks

Hills panels at Beighton can supply any new doors to any size you require and the worktops too, you can also get all the hardware you need at trade prices.

PM me if you want them fitting.