Good reliable cars?

Hi wasn't sure which forum to put this on I need to buy a reliable car for about £2500 to £4000.

I know that's a big jump.

What cars have VW engines? What cars are reliable? Where should I look?

I know these are pretty standard questions but Iv been look for a couple of days and I'm no closer to finding a good car I'd be really interested to read people's thoughts on what was a good buy?

Skoda owned by VW but I wouldn`t recommend after the 1 I purchased 2nd hand in your price range went back to garage more times than I drove it because it kept breaking down. Think Seat may be vw based aswell. Reliability wise I`ve had an Hyundai never cost me a penny except usual wear items tyres etc. I once bought a old Kia fantastic little car got it whilst my ford was off the road that car is now parked up as been years still starts body just starting to go loved it. Now got a proton just personal choices hope this helps I wouldn`t have another skoda ( personal choice) mates got a new 1 he had few problems but nothing serious after all plenty of taxis are skodas

( I appologise for the grammer it`s been a long day/night)

You've not given us much to go on mate like what sort of car you want - diesel, hatch, estate, economical or how old you are, but assuming you're a bit of a petrol head, you could get a very nice Golf GTI for under 4k and there are some s*** hot indies in Sheffield that can service them at a reasonable price as well.

You've not given us much to go on Matt like what sort of car you want - diesel, hatch, estate, economical or how old you are, but assuming you're a bit of a petrol head, you could get a very nice Golf GTI for under 4k and there are some s*** hot indies in Sheffield that can service them at a reasonable price as well.

Its luck of the draw with any model,knowing what you are doing when your buying will reduce the chances of problems but never rule it out.There is no model that doesnt have problems and owners of the same vehicle of the same age and mileage can have very different experiences no matter how much you know.

Lower mileage can be as much as if not more problems than higher milage,and service history says nothing about the current condition or likely hood of problems,its just a book of oil changes and little more.

Have fun...........

The design of your car exposure your status.The aerodynamic and innovative design of the car helps it stand out among other concept cars.Me also looking forward to buy a new car.This information will be helpful for me.thanks everyone.

On 04/08/2012 at 07:06, Aden8100 said:

The design of your car exposure your status.The aerodynamic and innovative design of the car helps it stand out among other concept cars.Me also looking forward to buy a new car.This information will be helpful for me.thanks everyone.

I have had nearly every car on the market since 1950s to 1990s and without doubt the best one I have had is a Volvo.

Buy a Volvo and you will not regret it.