Smoking In Peace Gardens

SHOULD PART OF THE PEACE GARDENS BE MADE SMOKE FREE.  

153 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD PART OF THE PEACE GARDENS BE MADE SMOKE FREE.

• Yes it would be a good idea to make PARTS OF the gardens a smoke free zone..
    • No the Peace Gardens are fine as they are.

There's nothing worse than being sat in the Peace Gardens and right next to you a car engine is running. :rolleyes:

More likely a bus engine. :)

The Peace Gardens is a family area, smoking should not be allowed in any area, were children are.

Lets ban the kids, stop all the noise, and leave the adults to have a cig in peace ?

Which is a feeble argument to justify something.

Why is it feeble? Just because you 'think' you are right? You're clearly in the minority here, even from non-smokers!

I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree, and I'm right and so are you!

Or shall we invoke Godwins Law? Just like the Nazi's exterminating all the Jews you would advocate the same with smokers!

Roll on 2050, when according to you nobody will be smoking (not sure where your source is for that astounding piece of information). I won't be there and neither will you, but I'll bet ya something far worse than smoking will have taken hold by that time!

So what if people want a smoke while relaxing in the peace gardens. They've already been banned from many public places, is that not enough for the 'none smoking' brigade?

It's just someone having a cig...get over it, i'm sure many of these do-gooders who complain have done much worse in their lives!

No, i don't smoke, never have, never will.

The Peace Gardens is a family area, smoking should not be allowed in any area, were children are.

I'm guessing smokers don't have families? It's open air for heavens sake!!!

:rant:

See you all at lunchtime for a fag :hihi:

and a can of Special Brew :hihi:

So what if people want a smoke while relaxing in the peace gardens. They've already been banned from many public places, is that not enough for the 'none smoking' brigade?

It's just someone having a cig...get over it, i'm sure many of these do-gooders who complain have done much worse in their lives!

No, i don't smoke, never have, never will.

A sane voice in a sea of insanity at last! :thumbsup:

That's excessive. It's outdoors & it's usually breezy there. I don't think the occasional waft is harmful (although I'm certainly not a secondhand smoke denier). As long as they don't blow it at you & they don't litter, I don't see a real problem.

Personally, I'd rather see public gum-chewing banned.

Personally, I'd rather see public gum-chewing banned.

Why?

Littering is already banned, how about we enforce the law that is actually broken rather than ban something else which isn't in itself a problem?

Why is it feeble? Just because you 'think' you are right? You're clearly in the minority here, even from non-smokers!

Actually everyone seems to agree that littering isn't acceptable. And it's this behaviour you've tried to justify by pointing out that other people litter.

I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree, and I'm right and so are you!

Or shall we invoke Godwins Law? Just like the Nazi's exterminating all the Jews you would advocate the same with smokers!

No I wouldn't. I completely defend your right to smoke, just don't share it with me.

Roll on 2050, when according to you

That's according to Citigroup I'm afraid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/8246967/Smoking-could-disappear-by-2050-says-Citigroup.html

nobody will be smoking (not sure where your source is for that astounding piece of information).

And you didn't bother to look did you.

I won't be there and neither will you

I'm pretty sure I will.

The peace Gardens is also outdoors ,and as such smoking is fine. If you dont wish to smell someones smoke ,dont stand next to someone enjoying a cig.

and a can of Special Brew :hihi:

Ah , takes me back to the good old days in the Peace Gardens . All the old homeless lads drunk on the benches at 9am.:hihi: