Smoking In Peace Gardens

SHOULD PART OF THE PEACE GARDENS BE MADE SMOKE FREE.  

153 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD PART OF THE PEACE GARDENS BE MADE SMOKE FREE.

• Yes it would be a good idea to make PARTS OF the gardens a smoke free zone..
    • No the Peace Gardens are fine as they are.

£20 a pack would sort it all out plus a refusal of treatment on the NHS for self inflicted smoking related diseases ...bring it on!

very good idea indeed.

so when you develop lung cancer and the nhs say its through passive smoking, go die in peace... you wont complain cos its your idea to refuse nhs help for smoking related diseases... yeah bring it on! your logic is sound.:loopy:

think sheffield should have a smoking day...and do it in peace gardens....happy days

£20 a pack would sort it all out plus a refusal of treatment on the NHS for self inflicted smoking related diseases ...bring it on!

good idea.....then the chinese can flood the market with illegal ciggies....bloke at work does a roaring trade...make him happy..:hihi:

what a load of crap no one one has ever died with an excuse known as passive smoking, prove it! because that idiot castle died, it's just sour grapes because he copped for it. remember this! cancer is a gene anyone can get it adult or child .

I'm on smokers side !!!!! my question was for non smokers who blame passive smoking, for them to prove it to me, just coz castle did, i'm saying there must have been loads more !!!!!! read my comment correctly, before having ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a non smoker, I have found the comments on this thread interesting. My stance is that though I would like to see a ban on smoking in certain public places, I do accept the law as it stands, and try to keep away from smokers.

However, there is one thing smokers could do to improve their image and that is to stop throwing your fag ends on the floor. I see it far too often and it is one thing about smoking that is not necessary.

I would welcome legislation to ban smoking in private cars, but that should also include eating, drinking, shaving, combing of hair and applying make-up. As someone who travels a lot around Sheffield, I see daily, no actually hourly.

Fags ends on floor isn't nice, but trying to find a place to stub them out and then disposing of them is very hard, as hardly any bins in town are provided.

The rest of us don't want smoke from your lungs in our mouths.
Or the exhaust from your cars and buses. Hear! Hear!

Fags ends on floor isn't nice, but trying to find a place to stub them out and then disposing of them is very hard, as hardly any bins in town are provided.

I hope you don't view that as some kind of justification... It's definitely not true about bins, there are lots, you'll just have to use your imagination for putting the stub out.

So most of the money would go to a travel agent, who'd pay tax and would spend the profit. A some might be spent abroad. The economy wouldn't really suffer.

?

Please answer my post #211 before continuing to spout this twaddle.

But the tax on cigarettes is a WHOPPING 80%.

So I'm not sure the argument for redisribution of cig money on other goods and services stacks up. Unless all that money is going to be spent on petrol, pretty much everything else the money could be spent on would be around 20% tax. So however you look at it, the treasury and/or NHS would be -60% down on the currrent annual tax revenue of £11bn from tobacco.

No, I explained quite clearly how that works. You pay your 20% VAT on the new things you buy. The shops make profit on what you buy and they pay their 30% tax, the rest of the profit they pay out somehow, lets say dividend, the people who take the dividend pay their 22.5% tax on that, then they spend the rest, when they spend it they pay 20% VAT and the shop makes a profit, of which it pays 30% tax, they then pay out the remaining profit in dividend...

I thought I'd made that quite clearly when I posted this the first time.

There is a gang of around 12 smokers in Peace Gardens right now. They have got themselves organised . They hang around waiting for some non smoking type to start eating then go sit around him and all light up at the same time! They are all wearing T shirts emblazoned with the message "Revenge is sweet":hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Please answer my post #211 before continuing to spout this twaddle.

Read things in a bit more detail and I won't have to repeat the 'twaddle' in a slow voice.

People are going to smoke cigarettes forever. lol