Can someone tow my car outside my house?

i came home from work and my kind neighbour told me that someone tried to tow my car away but she managed to fend them off. apparantly its causing a nuisance.

i live in a semi and in front of both houses there is a patch of grass and my car is part on the kerb and part on the road. it has been there for a number of months because iv not driven it and many residents on the street do the same.

my neighbour didnt know who it was but apparantly showed them a clip board and the guy told my neighbour that he would be sending me a letter.

as far as im concerned, a car can be towed if its parked outside someone else's property and blocking their drive way which my car doesnt. and my neighbours are fine with where the car is as i have spoken to them about it.

i did omit to put my new tax disk in the car though but have now put it in!

any help would be much appreciated.

i came home from work and my kind neighbour told me that someone tried to tow my car away but she managed to fend them off. apparantly its causing a nuisance.

i live in a semi and in front of both houses there is a patch of grass and my car is part on the kerb and part on the road. it has been there for a number of months because iv not driven it and many residents on the street do the same.

my neighbour didnt know who it was but apparantly showed them a clip board and the guy told my neighbour that he would be sending me a letter.

as far as im concerned, a car can be towed if its parked outside someone else's property and blocking their drive way which my car doesnt. and my neighbours are fine with where the car is as i have spoken to them about it.

i did omit to put my new tax disk in the car though but have now put it in!

any help would be much appreciated.

In that case unless sorn, yes.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/motoring/owningavehicle/howtotaxyourvehicle/dg_10021514

ahhh thanks! good job iv put it in now!

Yup, they class it like it has no tax, although i'm pretty sure its also illegal to be on the pavement too, although if your neighbours do it i'm not sure why you would be singled out.

Not always the case,if the police/pcso has checked with DVLA and they said it is upto date, then they will leave it,usually a reminder note on the windscreen.I would also like to add,the police/pcso does not leave, until the tow truck arrives and loaded the car.

Edited by Total Chaos

so now that i have my tax disk in, there is still a chance it could be towed even if its not causing a nuisance? (its fully insured by the way). this is ridiculous! if someone parks on the kerb on my side of the road and the opposite house does the same, cars can still easily get by which they do!

why have a car youve not driven in months? whats the point?

Thats not fair. I have a radiator key, and I cant remember the last time I used it, but it gives me a nice, warm feeling in my belly to know that I have it. That said, if I ever left it outside on the grass verge, and someone thought fit to try and tow it away, Id be straight on here asking if it were legal or not. Im not too sure if I need any current documentation to hold a radiator key, but in essence, its mine and however much I dont use it, I wouldnt want to not have it.

Thats not fair. I have a radiator key, and I cant remember the last time I used it, but it gives me a nice, warm feeling in my belly to know that I have it. That said, if I ever left it outside on the grass verge, and someone thought fit to try and tow it away, Id be straight on here asking if it were legal or not. Im not too sure if I need any current documentation to hold a radiator key, but in essence, its mine and however much I dont use it, I wouldnt want to not have it.

Well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup: