Sheffield Cathedral Concert

This dinnertime I heard the final 10 minutes of a piano concert in Sheffield Cathedral.

The pianist was excellent and it was a real pleasure to experience the music in such a setting.

I only wish I had heard the complete concert.

The lunchtime concerts at the cathedral are often very good. The listings are here, should you be interested:

http://www.sheffieldcathedral.org/music/recitals-lunchtime-choir-concerts.php

Also, if thats the sort of thing you enjoy, its worth keeping up with the uni music department - their concerts are quite often cheap or free.

http://www.shef.ac.uk/concerts/index

And finally: I *think* this week the music department final year recitals are happening. They're in the drama studio on Glossop Road, and are open to come in and watch.

Thankyou for the information.

I wasn't aware of the lunch time concerts and happened to be calling at the Cathedral on other business when I discovered todays concert.

Are there any future plans for an organ recital by Nigel Gotteri?

Also was visiting recently and was blessed to hear the choir sing Evensong. Is this a daily thing...I would love to hear the choir again. :)

Are there any future plans for an organ recital by Nigel Gotteri?

Also was visiting recently and was blessed to hear the choir sing Evensong. Is this a daily thing...I would love to hear the choir again. :)

Susil has included a programne of events on a thread in the second post of this thread.