Under 35's - Do you still live with your parents?

Under 35's - Do you still live with your parents?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Under 35's - Do you still live with your parents?

By under 35's I presume you mean 18-35 year olds?

Why is that astonishing? People don't get married like they used to, kids are treated like little emperors and parents don't encourage them to move out, mortgages are hard to get, people don't tend to save up like they used to, paying rent means you might not be able to go out 3 nights a week, I know people who are in their early 20's who pay £25 a week board and think they are hard done to.

Chem1st will be along shortly to blether on about land tax and stuff and why we should all be on benefits and run the country like a kibbutz

“I hate a good many things, but I suffer them all the same.”

Stannis Baratheon

I couldn't afford to move out atm unless I moved into a council house which I obviously don't ever want to do unless I have no choice at all.
Just out of curiosity. Why not?

Stannis Baratheon

By under 35's I presume you mean 18-35 year olds?

Why is that astonishing? People don't get married like they used to, kids are treated like little emperors and parents don't encourage them to move out, mortgages are hard to get, people don't tend to save up like they used to, paying rent means you might not be able to go out 3 nights a week, I know people who are in their early 20's who pay £25 a week board and think they are hard done to.

Chem1st will be along shortly to blether on about land tax and stuff and why we should all be on benefits and run the country like a kibbutz

Why does staying unmarried mean folk shouldn't have the opportunity of getting their own home?

Why does staying unmarried mean folk shouldn't have the opportunity of getting their own home?
I'm not saying they shouldn't. What i'm saying is its much cheaper for a couple of people to live together.

Maybe using marriage was a bad idea. Mates can live together and split bills quite easily but it doesn't tend to be a long term thing.

Stannis Baratheon

I moved out, into where I live now on Netherthorpe when I was 30, in fact it'll be 6 years in August since I moved, and from 17 to 19 I lived away from Home at a residential College in Grimsby.