Anyone feel they not being looked after properly ??

hi everyone,

bit of a moan really,

im 32 weeks on thursday and have not had a midwife appointment last longer than 15 mins, ive been asking for information about making plans and any classes i can take from at least 12 weeks and still havent got anywhere, ive never seen the same midwife twice nd been given different answers to questions iv been asking, the main answer i get is look on internet and the hospital is no better.

its my 2nd pregnancy but 1st baby (miscarried before 12 weeks in june last year) so im terrified because i dont know what to expect, theres only so much you can get from family and friends.

ive only just been given the healthy start vouchers form on 21st after being told to ask by a friend.

i dont even know what ill get from this but just kinda need to ask if anyone else feels the same??? :help::confused: cheers for listening guys:thumbsup:

You pretty much have to make arrangements yourself tbh. It can be daunting though especially when you are coming up to giving birth.

This time round I have been having most of my appointments at a midwife drop in as it is usually too awkward to book into the surgery.

Just a question, what are those vouchers you mentioned???

ive been told off midwives that i should have done this that and the other, been given info about stuff nd not gotten it. had such and such done nd its eventually been done late once ive booked it, hospitals told me that im not allowed to book scans myself, they should be done by the midwife or been booked in advance by hospital but ive had to book every one.

the vouchers are for healthy start milk and veg tokens, its like a health in pregnancy thing, i think you can only claim them if your claiming benefits though.

ive been told off midwives that i should have done this that and the other, been given info about stuff nd not gotten it. had such and such done nd its eventually been done late once ive booked it, hospitals told me that im not allowed to book scans myself, they should be done by the midwife or been booked in advance by hospital but ive had to book every one.

the vouchers are for healthy start milk and veg tokens, its like a health in pregnancy thing, i think you can only claim them if your claiming benefits though.

Scans should definitely be booked by the midwife, its not really on if they haven't! :(

It has changed alot in the four years between my first pregnancy and second so I was clueless with some things even though I had done it before.

I remember though when I was a week overdue with my first I had to ring round as no one turned up to do a sweep - no one knew anything about it. I would say just make sure you get seen every 3 weeks now until due date unless there is anything wrong. Do you know if there is a midwife drop in near you?

thats what i mean its just little things that havent been done or ive had to pester to get done which makes me feel like im nagging but if i didnt then they wouldnt be done.

i have no idea if theres a midwife drop in near me, i know there was one near my old address in sheffield but since ive moved back to rotherham (since beginning of feb) i have no idea, my next appointment is the 11th of june so ill ask whoever i see there, ive still got the sheffield numbers for triage nd stuff. even though i live in rotherham im still going to jessops as i dont trust RGH one bit.

It is difficult as you do have to lead a lot of it yourself. But having done two of the things that you are doing, I know it makes things harder. One is moving in during your pregnancy. I did this on my first pregnancy and you don't ever seem to get into the system properly when you have moved and come into somebody's care. My second pregnancy was with the same place throughout, but I opted to go to Chesterfield hospital, but all my community stuff was based in Sheffield. Again, it seemed to cause confusion, as the community midwive's don't really know how it works in Chesterfield. So both things together (moving and different hospital to your community care) must be causing you a lot of stress.

Do not be afraid to ask for what you want (even if you think you are nagging), you won't get it unless you do. Stay firm on what you do want and do your own research on what services are available. I found I had to do my own finding out on what was available at the hospital, if there was a hospital visit etc, as the community midwive's only seem to know what's on offer at the usual hospital and not at my opted for hospital.

I'm currently 26weeks pregnant with my 4th (and last lol).. I have not seen a midwife since my 12week scan and I'm not due to see my midwife until I'm 30 weeks :s I had a prove gender scan at 16weeks but that's it! With my 3rd I had pre eclampsia and I was diabetic... All they have said if I feel unwell to contact them! I also had to chase up bloods and 12week scan as they said that was my job!