Where to buy Arctic Silver Heatsink paste?

Found my machine has been overheating slightly, so I've decided to give her some basic maintenance, a clean up and a clean out at home, stripped the old girl down to her barebones (OOERRR MISSUS!) gave her a good old clean down and then realised I have no heatsink paste!!

Been told by a reliable source (ByteIt!! :hihi: :hihi:)that Arctic Silver comes highly recommended, (I normally use non Arctic Silver!)but without spending all day on our old friend Google, or waiting forever for it to arrive through the post, I thought I'd buy some locally.

So I thought I'd ask my old friends on SheffGoogleForum first! :love::thumbsup::D and see if anyone can recommend somewhere I can buy some from TODAY to get her up and running again!! :)

Thanks all you lovely people! :love:

(PS I HATE USING LAPTOPS!)

Edited by bobsyouruncle

Best thing to do would be to go one Overclockers.co.uk and ask about thermal paste, they really know their stuff on there.

Pop-in an I'll give you some to use :) if you don't want to wait post.

MX-4 and Artic Silver 5 are both very good, again, in the long run, always buy them from eBay.

Sorted, just need it for my machine, then I shall go shooping on ebay no doubt..........!!

do you want me to bring the machine down, you can amaze me with your technologial expertise on thermal heat sink paste application!! :hihi:

Best thing to do would be to go one Overclockers.co.uk and ask about thermal paste, they really know their stuff on there.

Never ever ever ever buy anything from Overclockers. Mark "Spie" Proudfoot is horrible racist homophobe who couldn't care less about consumer rights.

Edit, He sold in Jan 2012. Comment still stands about the previous owners character.

Edited by Greengeek

Never ever ever ever buy anything from Overclockers. Mark "Spie" Proudfoot is horrible racist homophobe who couldn't care less about consumer rights.

Edit, He sold in Jan 2012. Comment still stands about the previous owners character.

Yeah, OC was sold at the beginning of the year and from posts on the forum C/S has gotten exponentially better.

I don't actually buy from OC because where I get my bits are cheaper but it's still a great resource for information about products etc

Anyway, thanks to everyone who did reply, she is now sorted and running smoothly once again.

Cheers Mozalan! :thumbsup:

Gotta say, I've always had great service from OcUK.. not always the cheapest, but they're not usually too far off the mark.

Certainly better on the customer service front than those clowns at Scan computers in Bolton

I got to see it on a much wider scale. I was the returns department for a rival online retailer and the amount of our community members who were banned from the OcUK Forums was rediculous.

It got to the point where if your username was recognised from another forum you got banned.

They would never admit to faulty hardware, wouldn't do refunds, took an age to turn around returns and generally fobbed people off.

I got to see it on a much wider scale. I was the returns department for a rival online retailer and the amount of our community members who were banned from the OcUK Forums was rediculous.

It got to the point where if your username was recognised from another forum you got banned.

They would never admit to faulty hardware, wouldn't do refunds, took an age to turn around returns and generally fobbed people off.

Things are way better now. I'll just quote you an OP in a recent thread just to put a little balance. I hope it's not breaking any rules.

Hey all

Just purchased a nice new rig from start to finish... all in... except a monitor

I ordered £2.5k's worth of stuff from OCUK. Now don't get me wrong, I am the first to put OCUK on the fire when something goes wrong. But I have to say, their customer service on the phone was brilliant.

I ordered an XFX 1250W PSU and unfortunately the website lied about having 10+ in stock. I really wanted my order today ready for the weekend. So I phoned up, the guy was apolgetic, changed to a Corsair 1200W and threw in 3 free games for me. Legend. And I left the phone knowing I would have my PC today with a PSU ready for watercooling

Also, I then phoned later and changed my delivery address.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig thanks to OCUK. Myself and ikettles are building this beast tonight

P.S. I hope I am not getting this guy in any sort of trouble for giving me the games. He also offered me Gibbo's or ThundyCat's personal motors but I said no... lol

:)

Found my machine has been overheating slightly, so I've decided to give her some basic maintenance, a clean up and a clean out at home, stripped the old girl down to her barebones (OOERRR MISSUS!) gave her a good old clean down and then realised I have no heatsink paste!!

Been told by a reliable source (ByteIt!! :hihi: :hihi:)that Arctic Silver comes highly recommended, (I normally use non Arctic Silver!)but without spending all day on our old friend Google, or waiting forever for it to arrive through the post, I thought I'd buy some locally.

So I thought I'd ask my old friends on SheffGoogleForum first! :love::thumbsup::D and see if anyone can recommend somewhere I can buy some from TODAY to get her up and running again!! :)

Thanks all you lovely people! :love:

(PS I HATE USING LAPTOPS!)

Get MX2 or 4

Arctic sliver blows and is conductive too so you have to be very careful not5 to get it on any other components.