Red beetles on lilies

Hi anybody growing Lilies check them for a small red beetle thats eating the leaves. Its smaller than a ladybird oblong in shape and a dark brown . Check plant every day as they will kill plant by eating leaves . I live S13 :hihi:

It's lily beetle. I have a load of the pesky things too. Couldn't stand crunching them so caved into buying some bug spray from Wilkos.

If you go the spray route, make sure you spray late evenings/early mornings so not to affect the bee population :)

Red Lilly Beetle. Evil, evil critters.. Crush 'em, just beware though that they will play dead, fall on to floor shell down and they have a black underside making them hard to spot on the floor.

I use Provado Ultimate Bug Killer to treat my lilies, it's systemic so stays in the plant to kill off any more bugs that dare try and eat them.

http://www.bayergarden.co.uk/en/data/Products/p/Provado-Ultimate-Bug-Killer-Ready-to-Use.aspx

We have these on our lillies too,they can also fly,as my partner discovered when trying to scrape one off a leaf,also,they bury about an inch into the soil around the plant,so you can gently fork around the ground and turn them out,very persistent,i suspect we transported them over from my dads when brought some of the plants here around 3 years ago.

Red Lilly Beetle. Evil, evil critters.. Crush 'em, just beware though that they will play dead, fall on to floor shell down and they have a black underside making them hard to spot on the floor.

I use Provado Ultimate Bug Killer to treat my lilies, it's systemic so stays in the plant to kill off any more bugs that dare try and eat them.

http://www.bayergarden.co.uk/en/data/Products/p/Provado-Ultimate-Bug-Killer-Ready-to-Use.aspx

Provado Vine Weevil Killer.... Works a treat...