Origin Broadband, praise when its needed!

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 5ms

That's without any tweaks..

That's suppose'd to prove what??

I can ping and get less than 1ms ping.

It all depends what you are pinging, people don't seem to understand that getting a good ping test on a speed test is pointless, I even heard one of the major isp's prioritises traffic to speedtest.net to increase ping tests.

the people who are saying that ping or latency increase or decrease by 10ms or more doesn't make much different either don't know what they are talking about or are lying. try playing an online game. ie Call of duty.

ping speed of 29ms, if a player came into view i would be dead before i have even been able to press the trigger.

Ping speed of 15ms, roughly a 50/50 chance i will kill them first

in gaming every ms makes a difference. AlextAtkin clearly know what he's talking about. i can see a difference in the speed of web pages loading

1. ping speed of 15ms and 10meg down and 1meg up vs

2. ping 30ms, 100meg down and 50meg up.

which one is the fastest at gaming and loading web pages? answer is number 1.

That's suppose'd to prove what??

I can ping and get less than 1ms ping.

It all depends what you are pinging, people don't seem to understand that getting a good ping test on a speed test is pointless, I even heard one of the major isp's prioritises traffic to speedtest.net to increase ping tests.

What he said - If i ping speedtest.net it can be 180ms, then pin SF and get 20ms. Its all relative

the people who are saying that ping or latency increase or decrease by 10ms or more doesn't make much different either don't know what they are talking about or are lying. try playing an online game. ie Call of duty.

ping speed of 29ms, if a player came into view i would be dead before i have even been able to press the trigger.

Ping speed of 15ms, roughly a 50/50 chance i will kill them first

in gaming every ms makes a difference. AlextAtkin clearly know what he's talking about. i can see a difference in the speed of web pages loading

1. ping speed of 15ms and 10meg down and 1meg up vs

2. ping 30ms, 100meg down and 50meg up.

which one is the fastest at gaming and loading web pages? answer is number 1.

Maybe just try sucking less at cod :|

Well I reckon if pings above 15ms are so detrimental we should be able to see some quantitative proof... try doing http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/

The test is a loaded flash module, so it runs locally.. distance (ping) to the website is irrelevant.

Surely if reaction times of less than 15ms are a necessity to differentiate between ownage and suckage, then being generous we should be able to see a reaction score of less than 30ms, but being extra extra generous we'll accept anything below 50ms as being the dogs danglies of reactionary mad skillz! :D

Screenshots or it didn't happen, and btw.. there is a Hall of Fame... so we expect to see scores on there too.. :hihi:

Fight fight fight!!!

Fight fight fight!!!

While you are here, do origin have any plans to rival BT Infinity by raising their 'inferno' package to 80/20?

Not that this test means anything but.....I'm ranked 39th with 191ms. What did everyone else get? Look on the leader boards for john22rob

We're doing a MAX product at the moment, and we're seeing speeds around 70 down and 15 up. That good enough for you? ;-)

We're doing a MAX product at the moment, and we're seeing speeds around 70 down and 15 up. That good enough for you? ;-)

Yes, if it was the same price as the 40/10 package :D

Yes, if it was the same price as the 40/10 package :D

Indeed, or didn't require a new 18 month contract just to upgrade with the same company. :rant:

One or the other I could perhaps begrudgingly accept.. but not both.

Edited by Swampster