Tesco 3gs deal network coverage

Just wondering if anyone had taken out the 3gs Iphone deal with tesco? (£20 per month one). What's the coverage like? I know its with 02 but it would be secondary coverage and a guy from vodafone was saying it wouldn't be very good coverage now is he just saying this as they don't want me to cancel my current contract or is this true? Help!

hi, i have just swapped from orange to o2 to get the £13.50 3gs deal, i almost sent it back as the coverage is so poor, i understand its the phone as well as o2 that are carp, in the end i kept it as i loved the phone, i had a nokia brick.

ps i do not live near sheffield so have no idea what the o2 coverage is like in your area.

I'm on Tesco network and got a android phone and do find it struggles to get a 3g signal in areas of sheffield. Not sure if its the phone or signal though as it rarely holds a 3g signal whatever city I'm in.

I think the guy from Vodafone may have been talking about your data speeds when on 3G. As a Tesco customer O2 throttle your data speed slightly compared to there own customers on their network.

Coverage wise you'll see no difference to any other O2 customer but as i say your data speed will be less than an actual O2 customer's. ;) I seem to remember it being something like a max of around 2mbps connection for Tesco customers.

Cheers

Dave.