Help for homeless cat *very sad outcome*

hi...my cousin seems to have ended up with a homeless cat.

he knows the owner but she's left the property saying she is leaving the cat behind and asked him to ring the rspca when she had gone,so he has and they say they are full(i know all rescues are full to bursting)they also said that because she had left it behind its now a stray and has the right to rome,but hes afraid for it as the area is a bad estate,its already been put in a bin and shot at....so now what?!he cant keep it as he has dogs and they hate cats.he's having to keep them seperate and its proving a real nightmare....i feel sorry fo him as hes an animal lover like me and thought he was doing good by helping this lady out.but now he's ended up with a cat thats not his and no where for it!

i understand its approx 10 years old and black.

can anyone anyone advise as what to do?thanks

Edited by spotty dog

I don't have any advice I'm sorry...but I wanted to say how disgusting to have a cat for 10 years and for it to mean so little to them, and I can't believe the RSPCA saying it has the right to stray...I mean what???? its not like it chose to do so is it?

I hope that someone can help the poor cat, my faith in Humanity gets lower by the day :(

thanks moonbird.just hope someone comes along with an answer for him.

it would be better off pts than free to roam.

poor thing.app its really friendly likes eating,sleeping and likes a good fuss.

I'm sorry to say it but I agree with you, there are worse things than a quick painless death...such as a long drawn out life full of sadness and suffering, I don't believe in life at any price.

I hope that this little one can be helped to live out the rest of her life happily.

Poor mogs. We recently adopted an old stray black cat from Fir Vale - his owner died suddenly and his cow of a girlfriend dumped the cat. Poor thing wouldve been dog fight fodder or run over otherwise. After five weeks here, he is starting to settle in and has now been vet checked, fully vaccinated and chipped. Ok we're bonkers, skint and should know better, but at least we know he is safe now

Poor thing, 10 years old and abandoned. How can they? Easily really. Happens all the time. Thank goodness he's found a place in rescue. Think it might be Cats Shelter which is amazing as they are full to the rafters. Over 100 cats in their care at the moment. Bless em.

I know this is a big ask but could anyone with a cat basket take this fella to the cat shelter in town?it's 1 Jarvis street he needs to be taken to (hes currently at Winn gardens :/)

The cat shelter say they will take this cat in but needs taking there when they open at 1.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by spotty dog
Added more info