Sheffield United's Infinite Chances

PrimalJay

From what I am reading, some of the Unitedites still have a few sour grapes and still believe they are entitled to be up, but the fact of the matter is, they blew it.

They had games and points in hand and should have had it all wrapped up months ago, the Owls were always on their coat tails and knocking at the door, sooner or later the Owl's questions were not always going to be answered and cracks began to show at the most crucial time of the season, 3 disastrous game signalled the end and the Owls capitalised with one of THE greatest runs in football history.

I really felt sorry for the Blades on Saturday, after seeing the Owls not win Arsenal on 3 consecutive occasions at Wembley in 93, I know what heart ache is, especially seeing that last minute goal in slow motion past a flapping Chris Woods all us Wednesdayites all know how it feels, plus the Owl's spiral afterwords into the lower leagues and being below the Blades for 15 years we all know the meaning of feeling hopeless and on the brink of administration, remember the ITV Digital fiasco?

Anyway, the Blades can not throw any dummies out here, they lost a final that should never have been, they had their chances and they bottled it, least they could be humble and mature about it, their team was awful and should have had contingency plans with regard to the Chad watergate, so all in all, the Udders deserved their win as they were far more attacking and thus deserving to go up.

Hope I do not get lynched for this as am just speaking my mind and what all the Owls are thinking, maybe it is the Owls turn to be the top dogs now, afterall the rubbish we have been through I think we deserve that at least, the Blades will just have to accept this now and move on.

Also, I definitely think the Blades should give Wilson another season at least, it must have been like hell for him taking the Blades job with him being an Owl through and through, but he has done a stunning job for the Blades in my book and has done amazingly well with the players he has had and has carried himself off in the most professional and dignified way, he should be highly commended at least.

Edited by PrimalJay

Some of the Unitedites still have a few sour grapes.

I really felt sorry for the Blades on Saturday.

We all know the meaning of feeling hopeless and on the brink of administration.

It is the Owls turn to be the top dogs now.

The Blades will just have to accept this now and move on.

We all agree with you.

Hope I do not get lynched for this as am just speaking my mind and what all the Owls are thinking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think you needed all that long post to sum up what you are all thinking....one word would have done.........'obsessed'

From what i am reading, its the Owls more interested in our plight than any one !!

Dig all you want, i /we will still follow our club, jinks, curses, bad luck or just bad ?? its the United way..we still turn out.

And do you really think an Owl poster is going to convert any Blade on here?

We know the team have cocked it up, hardly the supporters fault :) Enjoy yourselves Owls, we would do the same.

But have not seen many sour grapes from the Blades on here, we know where we are. Its not nice, but there again in your first season at this level you ended up mid table, we had to suffer a play off final and another trip to the new Wembley, A trip you Owls are still dreaming of.

Enjoy.

Hope I do not get lynched for this as am just speaking my mind and what all the Owls are thinking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think you needed all that long post to sum up what you are all thinking....one word would have done.........'obsessed'

You can write that word as many times as you want to try and deflect us taking the rise a little, but it won't work.

What do you call all the Blades that post on Wednesday related threads, or even start threads about Wednesday?

It's a 'SHEFFIELD' football forum, and the last time i looked you were allowed to comment or whatever on either teams fortunes. If you don't like it then go on Bladesmad where you can all wallow in self pity alone ;)

From what i am reading, its the Owls more interested in our plight than any one !!

Dig all you want, i /we will still follow our club, jinks, curses, bad luck or just bad ?? its the United way..we still turn out.

We know the team have cocked it up, hardly the supporters fault :) Enjoy yourselves Owls, we would do the same.

But have not seen many sour grapes from the Blades on here, we know where we are. Its not nice, but there again in your first season at this level you ended up mid table, we had to suffer a play off final and another trip to the new Wembley, A trip you Owls are still dreaming of.

Enjoy.

You and i have been around on here long enough to know it's give and take. In general i reckon most genuine Owls on here have been decent as we know how it feels, and taking the P won't make you lot feel any worse.

Yes i would love a trip to Wembley, but not at the expense of automatic promotion.

Enjoy.

Mmmm, I would never exchange automatic promotion with a very long and expensive trip to London at all thank you very much.

Don't know what you mean by infinite chances but there were three occasions this season when Unitedites must have thought promotion was in the bag:

1) When United were five points ahead of Wednesday with two games in hand.

2) When Wednesday dropped points at Colchester.

3) When Huddersfield missed their third penalty.

Must admit I did too. :hihi:

Enjoy.

I don't know if you're just daft, deluded, or are trying to make yourself feel better.

But just for the record, you couldn't be more wrong.

We've been to Wembley.

We've won play off finals.

I'd take automatic promotion 100% of the time.

From what I am reading, some of the Unitedites still have a few sour grapes and still believe they are entitled to be up, but the fact of the matte

the Owls capitalised with one of THE greatest runs in football history.

Can you point to the Blades posts you are referring to?

Wednesday went on a great run but "one of THE greatest runs in football history" get a grip of yourself.

Edited by sunsout