Scared by street parties?

Sheffield MP nick clegg claims his neighbour's children were scared by an 'entirely peaceful' street party/picnic staged on his road by uk uncut.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/9293119/Street-party-protest-scared-small-children-Nick-Clegg-says.html

Tory banshee Louise mensch has called it 'intolerable bullying'.

I was wondering if anyone in Sheffield felt the same way about street parties and what precautions they were taking as the jubilee approaches?

Sheffield MP nick clegg claims his neighbour's children were scared by an 'entirely peaceful' street party/picnic staged on his road by uk uncut.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/9293119/Street-party-protest-scared-small-children-Nick-Clegg-says.html

I was wondering if anyone in Sheffield felt the same way about street parties and what precautions they were taking as the jubilee approaches?

Did they actually apply for permission to close the road and hold a street party, you know, like the rest of us have to do?

Or were they, as seems more likely, an offshoot of something like Occupy and just intent on upsetting as many people as possible?

A street party held by your community is totally different from being invaded by a gang of oddball 'activists' from who-knows-where, in my opinion.

I have had a battery of surface-to-air missiles deployed on the greenhouse roof to deal with any over-exuberant party-goers posing a threat to the security of our road.:cool:

I have had a battery of surface-to-air missiles deployed on the greenhouse roof to deal with any over-exuberant party-goers posing a threat to the security of our road.:cool:

And no safe-room/nuclear bunker for the kids?

Did they actually apply for permission to close the road and hold a street party, you know, like the rest of us have to do?

Or were they, as seems more likely, an offshoot of something like Occupy and just intent on upsetting as many people as possible?

A street party held by your community is totally different from being invaded by a gang of oddball 'activists' from who-knows-where, in my opinion.

It's UKUncut, Ruby, as the article linked from the OP states.

Did they need permission? I thought Cameron rid us of the need for all that.:hihi:

Speaking at a PM Direct event in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, Mr Cameron dismissed any attempts by local authorities to force people into compiling rafts of paperwork for their party.

"This is ridiculous," he said.

"These pen pushers and busybodies are completely wrong. They have no right to stop you from having a party.

Don't interfere, don't get in the way and don't make problems where there are none.

David Cameron

"Let me put it like this: I am the Prime Minister and I am telling you if you want to have a street party, you go ahead and have one."

:D

It's UKUncut, Ruby, as the article linked from the OP states.
Ah, yes, tis as I suspected, a gaggle of oddballs taking over other people's area.

Did they need permission? I thought Cameron rid us of the need for all that.:hihi:
I thought we did ... but I could be wrong, unlike many people on this board, I can be sometimes. :D

The only occupation I support is the one currently occupying the giant hole in the middle of Bradford, which has been there for the better part of 10 years apparently and the locals want to know why? And we thought we had problems ...

Whereas intolerable bullying of the poor is the favourite passtime of her and her ilk.

To be fair they look like a terribly menacing bunch. The lady at 0.05 looks particularly violent, brandishing the bubble sword, whilst the terrorist toddler at 0.07 in the jehadi headgear looks like he's capable of all sorts of mayhem and distruction and heaven knows what kind of threats are in that pram alongside him.

And as for you, Teddybare, I think it's time you and your co-conspirators came clean about scaring all those nice little boys and girls. My little darlings ran and hid behind the settee when I showed them the footage of your horrific campaign of terror in action....

Sadly, I have no water cannon, but my Karcher pressure washer is at the ready and I have invited an old friend round....

oh it was him, was it? No wonder he's asking us our opinion. :)

You wouldn't be bothered if a load of strangers came and took over your street then, Darth?

Strangers? Hahaha. Where do you live, Royston Vasey?

"are you local?" "tubs fetch my shotgun"

Doesn't clegg have a house in Sheffield too? I'm sure I could arrange another street picnic next week......:)

Darth, you're first on my invite list. But you have to turn up in full costume.