Has anyone used perksofthejob.com to promote their business?

I have been approached by http://www.perksofthejob.com to promote my business and was just wondering if anyone here had used them? Seems like a good idea from what I have been pitched by their sales person and cost wise seems quite fair at £130 for a six month trial which claims to promote my business to local business owners and their employees aswell as give myself and my staff a discount at other participating businesses. Any advice on taking out their service would be welcomed before I decide what to do. Thanks.

Never heard of it. With sites like this, you take a punt but I very much doubt it will leave you with lots of profitable orders. It's not much different to the voucher websites in principal, you have to give a large portion away to make a small amount back. Works for some but you can tell who it works for by monitoring such sites for 6 months first, and see who, and how many, businesses are up for repeating their offers. Generally, your helping tese types of websites make money, and there is generally only one winner, or in other cases, one loser.

We've never heard of it either but I suppose it depends on what kind of business you're in. I can't imagine employers wanting to give their employees discounted access to our services, somehow! But you never know...

It seems a good idea in principle but it depends what the uptake is and how many businesses are on board. If you decide to go with it, perhaps you could post back with how you got on?

Never heard of it. With sites like this, you take a punt but I very much doubt it will leave you with lots of profitable orders. It's not much different to the voucher websites in principal, you have to give a large portion away to make a small amount back. Works for some but you can tell who it works for by monitoring such sites for 6 months first, and see who, and how many, businesses are up for repeating their offers. Generally, your helping tese types of websites make money, and there is generally only one winner, or in other cases, one loser.

The discount I offer is up to me and they don't take a commission on any sales generated so I don't think its quite like Groupon etc because they ask for massive discounts and then take a commission out of sales which doesn't leave much of a profit if any for the business owners offering the discount. My staff would also get a card each which I've spoke to them about and they like the idea because it will give them free night club entries and cheaper gym memberships and cheaper meals which they would use as well as loads of other stuff so I think I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. Thanks for your advice :)

I'd have to disagree with this. I deal with businesses on a daily basis that use voucher websites to market their business. I've heard very little negative feedback about their experience. In fact, the only negative feedback has only been aimed at one of these voucher retailers, with most people saying that they'd do it again and it improved their customer base. Maybe it wouldn't work for your business, but from my experience of talking to these retailers, I'd say that generally, there are two winners and no losers.

I did say it works for some ;)

I'd say most... but I'll let you off :hihi:

Oh right, so it's just advertising you pay for? Sorry I thought it was a voucher scheme type of website. Seems not.

I'd have to disagree with this. I deal with businesses on a daily basis that use voucher websites to market their business. I've heard very little negative feedback about their experience. In fact, the only negative feedback has only been aimed at one of these voucher retailers, with most people saying that they'd do it again and it improved their customer base. Maybe it wouldn't work for your business, but from my experience of talking to these retailers, I'd say that generally, there are two winners and no losers.

I can probably guess at which "One" you refer too.

If the voucher company is responsible, the company will do well. Has to be the right deal though!

Looking at POTJ, its a good idea, BUT it relies on the business to promote it to their employees. If they don't, the businesses that advertise on there will never get any promotion from it.

£150 isn't loads, but will you get a return on investment. Afterall, this is what marketing is about. That or getting new and more customers into your work!

Never heard of them.