Tesco garage-shop on Fulwood Road

It's the people who get £10 of fuel then leave their car on the pump while they spend 20 mins shopping, that what does my head in.

^^

Or they could do pay at the pump.

Thing being, whilst having a separate till is a good idea, the shop will make most of their money on shop sales so they won't want to lose that.

G

Yep, pay at the pump would be a good idea.:)

Yep, pay at the pump would be a good idea.:)
It would, and with the rise in drive offs I'm surprised it isn't the norm at all fuel stations - it could include pre pay at the counter before filling up for those without credit/debit cards. However, it wouldn't stop people parking there for 20 mins whilst shopping etc.

If you go to a restaurant that is terrible do you keep going?

Go elsewhere!

If you go to a restaurant that is terrible do you keep going?

Go elsewhere!

Not quite so simple with a petrol station. There aren't that many of them around.

I don't buy petrol, but use it to pick up my newspaper. The staff are often rude. The service was so much better in the newsagents across the road that was driven out of business by... No prizes for guessing.

...people who preferred Tesco?

Till 1 used to be fuel only, but it never used to work efficiently.

It always used to be a a problem with people leaving their cars at pumps selfishly and doing the shopping.

FYI, It's no biggie to fill, move to a parking space and let the staff on the till know that you've moved.

The till system is advanced enough to deal with several fillups at one pump at once.

Unless anything's changed of course since I served my time there.

I also knew the owners of the newsagents, and you wouldn't get me in there.

I frequented the place when it first opened many years ago but it had too many irritating problems - long queues to pay, cars left at pumps. The final straw came with an encounter with a rude member of staff. I have not been back since even though it is my closest petrol station.

Not quite so simple with a petrol station. There aren't that many of them around.

Correctamundo!:)

I use the shop more than the petrol station. I sometimes fill up with fuel as well, but if its too busy I just park up on the road and do my shopping, or use the cash machine, and get fuel another time (or from another petrol station). Generally, its diesel is reasonably priced, but not the cheapest. So it's OK to buy fuel from there, but by no means essential.

As I see it, they try and offer a wide range of services - supermarket, newsagent, off licence, cash machine and fuel, all on one smallish site. It can never manage to do all of them excellently. But on balance its reasonable. IMO, The Tesco is an improvement. It provides options that were not there before.

Prior to Tesco opening, I think the newsagents was already on its last legs. I certainly didn't see any point in shopping there.

Hangingwater Stores was OKish, but not great, and it still is. I don't use it often, less than I did before Tesco opened, but I never used it much anyway.

The bakers/sandwich shop still seems to survive, despite Tesco opening.

Despite Tesco just up the road, a Deli has opened and appears to be surviving.

i never visit any tesco place. awful greedy company that just want to take over the world.