Need help selling/trading in SLRs and accessories

Hi All,

Have decided to make the move to DSLR after a looong time of not using my SLR. I have a couple of cameras: Pentax ME Super with lens (doesn't always wind on properly) and a ChinonCG-5 with lens which is in perfect working order. I also have a couple of flashes, filters etc which I've never uesd as they were 'hand me downs'. I've also got a Hoya zoom& Macro lens 75-260mm.

Basically, I'm wondering where the best place is to sell all this stuff for a resonable price, or to part exchange it. I want to get a digital SLR and I'm happy with 2nd hand. I'm going travelling next year and want to take a decent camera with me. Thought it would be sensible to spend a year getting to know it first!

Any ideas?

I have a couple of SLR's for sale, Minolta 7000 AF and a Dynax 505si and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in them on here.

I'm not trying to sell mine on here - I really want to take them to a shop as part exchange. Just not aware of any second hand places in Sheff.

harrisons on london road do part ex but you would get very little for them

I've just had a look at their website - incredibly expensive! The Lomo fisheye with flash is more than twice the price I paid for it!

Hmmmm, beginning to think it's gonna be car boot time.... :huh:

I've had a few messages asking what I've got so I've just listed it all in the classifieds section. I'm not really sure what I'm talking about so you'll have to bear with me if you ask anything too techy!

Roll film camera's don't fetch good prices these days be warned.

12 months ago I took a mint condition Nikon F601AF body in its original box along with a Nikon 35mm to 70mm AF lens in its original box and in mint condition, a Nikon 70mm to 210mm AF lens in its original box and in mint condition, a flash unit, a Cokin Adaptor and about 16 special effect filters, camera tripod, and a camera shutter release cable to Jessops and Jacobs, they said they were not interested in the accessories but would give me £50 for the Nikon Camera and the two Nikon lenses.

I told them, rather than let them have the camera body and lenses for £50, I would rather take it to the local tip and smash it to bits with an hammer.........each one of my lenses cost more than triple what they offered me for the lot.

I finished up selling it privately.....suggest you do the same with your camera stuff.