Is it illegal to warn people about speed traps?

No he did not. Where did you get the notion that it's only an offence to break the speed limit in front of a camera, but not anywhere else?

What he did, was to enable people already committing an offence, to get away with doing so because the camera wouldn't have a chance to catch them.

TOTALLY INCORRECT! There is no way that he could have known how fast the people were travelling! His actions however prevented crime being committed. They were all very probably travelling slower than the speed limit anyhow! He just assisted the police in crime prevention!

why do they need to be warned if theyre not doing wrong then?

if your not speeding youve got nothing to worry about

i think the point is, if somebody IS speeding and theyve taken his warning on board and slowed down for the camera...hes aiding and abetting their crime

He is preventing the law being broken.

TOTALLY INCORRECT! There is no way that he could have known how fast the people were travelling! His actions however prevented crime being committed. They were all very probably travelling slower than the speed limit anyhow! He just assisted the police in crime prevention!

If they were travelling at, or slower than, the speed limit, his actions were completely pointless. If they were travelling faster than the speed limit, his actions were aiding and abetting an offence.

If you can think of a third group, whose speed was neither at, nor below, nor above the speed limit, I'd like to know who was in it.

why do they need to be warned if theyre not doing wrong then?

if your not speeding youve got nothing to worry about

i think the point is, if somebody IS speeding and theyve taken his warning on board and slowed down for the camera...hes aiding and abetting their crime

Its a big if though yet this man has been convicted on an 'If'.

The police should have been more honest and should have prosecuted him or aiding and abetting tax evasion!

If they were travelling at, or slower than, the speed limit, his actions were completely pointless. If they were travelling faster than the speed limit, his actions were aiding and abetting an offence.

If you can think of a third group, whose speed was neither at, nor below, nor above the speed limit, I'd like to know who was in it.

He was warning people of a driving hazard because people tend to put their foot on their breaks when they see the tax collectors irrespective of the speed they were doing.

He stopped a potentially dangerous situation arising.

He is preventing the law being broken.

sigh no he isnt

people dont speed up when they see the cameras, they slow down, the ONLY people who need to know the cameras are there are people who are speeding, why would you need to know theyre there if your under the speed limit? :suspect:

He was warning people of a driving hazard because people tend to put their foot on their breaks when they see the tax collectors irrespective of the speed they were doing.

He stopped a potentially dangerous situation arising.

ah so youve now changed from him stopping an offence to health and safety helping :thumbsup:

the thing is also speeders will slow down when they see him instead of the cameras so its no difference

sigh no he isnt

people dont speed up when they see the cameras, they slow down, the ONLY people who need to know the cameras are there are people who are speeding, why would you need to know theyre there if your under the speed limit? :suspect:

I am sorry that your understanding is so limited. My guess is that you do not drive.;)

Why did the man in the OP's post feel the need to let drivers know that a speed camera was near. Answer, to warn any drivers that may have been speeding to slow down.

I agree. They would probably let an old lady get mugged and badly beaten then have a look to see if she had dropped anything that they could take.:(

i really dont know what you two are on.seriously

YOU two are the ones advocating people break the law :huh::loopy: