Careless bus driver.

That cliche has no relevence with the post you've replied to..

Of course it's relevant, he's suggesting that everyone who comes to Sheffield develops an attitude to match the local population which is what my statement indicates, cliche or not

No but he heard it in the pub and it sounded good

Ah and now you start with personal insults, proving the weakness of your position. How predictable of you.

Of course it's relevant, he's suggesting that everyone who comes to Sheffield develops an attitude to match the local population which is what my statement indicates, cliche or not

But your reply suggests that his observations are correct and that Sheffielders are a bunch of moaners. Are you in agreement with him?

I know that good bus drivers outnumber bad ones, but lot of people who use public transport do so because they have no other choice. That seems to translate into complacency when dealing with unhappy customers as they don't have the option of voting with their feet. A lot of people who complain to transport companies are met with the same experience - a customer services department more concerned with fobbing off and protecting their employees than taking action to stamp out this kind of behaviour. No one's demanding service with a smile, but everyone at some time or other seems to run into a bus driver, tram driver or conductor who is wilfully unhelpful or appears to take pleasure in their customers' misfortune. That would be unacceptable in any other industry and just because public transport has a largely captive customer base doesn't mean it should be taken lying down.

I was on one of the delightful first mainline buses yesterday. I'd pressed the bell and waited for the bus to stop, before making my way to get off with my four year old daughter and baby in a pram. The doors were open and just as I'd steered the pram 1/2 off the bus, he let the handbrake go. The bus started rolling. Luckily I managed to pull the pram before it went crash into the side of the bus shelter. Needless to say I was livid and had gave him a right mouthful!

This is not the 1st time this had happened, as we'd had a similar experience boarding one of these buses.

Do the buses have CCTV ? I will be calling the office on Monday to make a formal complaint my 2nd complaint in a week. Earlier this week my daughter burnt her leg on a radiator- it was 25degrees outside, why they have the radiator is beyond me.

You do right to complain, they should act upon it if they're worth their salt as surely endangering their customer's lives is not on the agenda.

A lot of the First drivers that i've been unfortunate enough to encounter seem so miserable in their jobs that they take it out on the passengers. Customer Service is not their forte.

Where ever possible, take a Stage Coach bus, it's a much friendlier service. Unfortunately they don't run a 77 service so i'm stuck with First but as I only use the bus once in a blue moon I'll put up with it.

Guest busdriver1
Hasn't Rotherham got a forum you can slag us Sheffielders off on?

If that were the case I wold be on every forum in every area of the country where I have worked and lived as none I have encountered have the degree of moaners I have come across in Sheffield. That if you like it or not is my experience.

If that were the case I wold be on every forum in every area of the country where I have worked and lived as none I have encountered have the degree of moaners I have come across in Sheffield. That if you like it or not is my experience.

So if Rotherham did have a forum, you'd be on every forum in the country slagging Sheffielders off??? That makes no sense.

As an unbiased user of busses in Sheffield, I can honestly say 95% of all drivers are grumpy t***s.

As an unbiased user of busses in Sheffield, I can honestly say 95% of all drivers are grumpy t***s.

Can you see why when they have to deal with stupid people on a daily basis who never stop moaning??? Look at what most members of this forum post, all you need to do is read through this thread and you should get what I mean.

careless bus drivers are bad!

careless bus drivers are bad!

Such insight. You truly are awesome :|

Yep. And we have every right to be when we deal with grumpy t***s like you.

...and you sir, sound like a ray of frickin sunshine! ;)