Careless bus driver.

Some of the fitters "repairs" I've seen make me rub my eyes in wonder how more people are not injured or set on fire.

I find it funny that certain people want public support when they're in dispute with the management of the company, but outside those times someone complains about said company and they defend it vehemently.

It's nice to know they have double-standards, makes up for the company having none I suppose.

Aside from Sheffield I've lived in Manchester, Nottingham, Leicester, London and Leeds and I can honestly say that Sheffield's, and First's in particular, are the worst bus drivers I've encountered. Sullen, impolite, wilfully unhelpful and occasionally, as in this case, downright dangerous. I was pretty livid when a driver left me stranded in Atlas because he wouldn't break a £20 note but worse still was an incident similar to the OP's that occurred outside the (then) Virgin Megastore. A woman was slightly late getting off and the driver pulled away while she was stepping out the door. She put one foot on the ground and got the other caught on the door as the bus pulled away, went face down in the road and nearly under the back wheels. Disgraceful. That was in 2005 and I haven't set foot on a First bus since.

I find it funny that certain people want public support when they're in dispute with the management of the company, but outside those times someone complains about said company and they defend it vehemently.

It's nice to know they have double-standards, makes up for the company having none I suppose.

I think its more a case of fact not fiction over defence of the company. The tendency is to place all employees under the same umbrella so it's natural that those that behave in a right and proper manner might get defensive.

Guest busdriver1
Aside from Sheffield I've lived in Manchester, Nottingham, Leicester, London and Leeds and I can honestly say that Sheffield's, and First's in particular, are the worst bus drivers I've encountered. Sullen, impolite, wilfully unhelpful and occasionally, as in this case, downright dangerous. I was pretty livid when a driver left me stranded in Atlas because he wouldn't break a £20 note but worse still was an incident similar to the OP's that occurred outside the (then) Virgin Megastore. A woman was slightly late getting off and the driver pulled away while she was stepping out the door. She put one foot on the ground and got the other caught on the door as the bus pulled away, went face down in the road and nearly under the back wheels. Disgraceful. That was in 2005 and I haven't set foot on a First bus since.

Just for once, try reading through some of the comments on here and then try and picture the people behind them. They are the sort of people that bus drivers have to deal with all day every day. There IS an attitude in Sheffield that does the place no favours. The answer? I moved to Rotherham where people are civil to one another to a much greater degree. The down side - I do have to come to Sheffield occasionally.

I am not saying there are not some bad bus drivers - there are. there are also bad taxi drivers, wagon drivers, shop assistants, doctors, milkmen, students, mothers, fathers kids, and so on.

You can certainly complain, but I doubt it will do anything :( I escalated mine and CCd in my Local MP who said there was nothing they could do. The police who dealt with my incident were brilliant, but deffinatly complain...you never know, this time they may listen! x

Just for once, try reading through some of the comments on here and then try and picture the people behind them. They are the sort of people that bus drivers have to deal with all day every day. There IS an attitude in Sheffield that does the place no favours. The answer? I moved to Rotherham where people are civil to one another to a much greater degree. The down side - I do have to come to Sheffield occasionally.

I am not saying there are not some bad bus drivers - there are. there are also bad taxi drivers, wagon drivers, shop assistants, doctors, milkmen, students, mothers, fathers kids, and so on.

Ah the old pathetic "when in Rome" defence.

Guest busdriver1
You can certainly complain, but I doubt it will do anything :( I escalated mine and CCd in my Local MP who said there was nothing they could do. The police who dealt with my incident were brilliant, but deffinatly complain...you never know, this time they may listen! x

The fact that you do not hear back does not mean nothing has happened. Believe me these complaints ARE followed up. By nature they can sometimes take time to follow up but they are followed up.

Guest busdriver1

Not at all, just my personal experience. I find Sheffield to be largely populated by moaners who no doubt are absolutely perfect in their own lives thus having the moral high ground to have a go at others. Having worked in many areas of the country I have never come across this attitude in such a widespread way as here.

That cliche has no relevence with the post you've replied to..

Guest busdriver1
That cliche has no relevence with the post you've replied to..

No but he heard it in the pub and it sounded good

Not at all, just my personal experience. I find Sheffield to be largely populated by moaners who no doubt are absolutely perfect in their own lives thus having the moral high ground to have a go at others. Having worked in many areas of the country I have never come across this attitude in such a widespread way as here.

Hasn't Rotherham got a forum you can slag us Sheffielders off on?