Careless bus driver.

I was on one of the delightful first mainline buses yesterday. I'd pressed the bell and waited for the bus to stop, before making my way to get off with my four year old daughter and baby in a pram. The doors were open and just as I'd steered the pram 1/2 off the bus, he let the handbrake go. The bus started rolling. Luckily I managed to pull the pram before it went crash into the side of the bus shelter. Needless to say I was livid and had gave him a right mouthful!

This is not the 1st time this had happened, as we'd had a similar experience boarding one of these buses.

Do the buses have CCTV ? I will be calling the office on Monday to make a formal complaint my 2nd complaint in a week. Earlier this week my daughter burnt her leg on a radiator- it was 25degrees outside, why they have the radiator is beyond me.

I would suggest CC'ing your complaint to someone at the Passenger Transport Executive - though I wouldn't know to whom. Carelessness is one thing, but actually endangering his passengers is quite something else.

Add your MP to the CC list too. They get rather annoyed by private companies endangering the lives of constituants ;)

I was on one of the delightful first mainline buses yesterday. I'd pressed the bell and waited for the bus to stop, before making my way to get off with my four year old daughter and baby in a pram. The doors were open and just as I'd steered the pram 1/2 off the bus, he let the handbrake go. The bus started rolling. Luckily I managed to pull the pram before it went crash into the side of the bus shelter. Needless to say I was livid and had gave him a right mouthful!

Abusive behaviour to a bus driver! You have breached the terms and conditions of your journey.

This is not the 1st time this had happened, as we'd had a similar experience boarding one of these buses.

Do the buses have CCTV ? I will be calling the office on Monday to make a formal complaint my 2nd complaint in a week. Earlier this week my daughter burnt her leg on a radiator- it was 25degrees outside, why they have the radiator is beyond me.

Yes, most buses do have CCTV, any complaint with the verdict looking like it might go against the bus company will have the video file missing. As for the heating on in summer, that's in another thread.

Profit before passengers is the moral of "public transport"

I had an incident a few years ago on a bus, I was carrying my two year old and climbed up the steps, the driver had closed the doors on me! I was half in and half out the bus and he was moving! Thought I was going to fall in the road, passengers were shouting to him what was happening.

I complained and they were apologetic on the phone but to be honest I doubt it made a blind bit of difference.

I wouldn't call it abusive behaviour to a bus driver - I just reacted in shock. Thank for the cc suggestions - i will try that. As for the CCTV image, totally agree with you it will probably be on the way to the dump as soon as the complaint is acknowledged.

I had an incident a few years ago on a bus, I was carrying my two year old and climbed up the steps, the driver had closed the doors on me! I was half in and half out the bus and he was moving! Thought I was going to fall in the road, passengers were shouting to him what was happening.

I complained and they were apologetic on the phone but to be honest I doubt it made a blind bit of difference.

That's it then, it's decided. Occupy First, all disgruntled First bus users should organise a protest outside the main depot and not let buses out on the roads until First provide a fair and acceptable service to the paying public.

I work in process improvement, so it's hard to ignore things like this. It just brings up issues like..

They put passengers at risk

The sheer mortification of the bus driver, did he make a mistake or was it just his lack of knowledge of that type if bus - was this his fault or firsts.

I personally won't be boycotting first as if I did , I wouldn't be able to do my day to day things. I just want this issue acknowledged and addressed because next time it might not be as lucky as we were.