Wedding Help Suggestions

Can anyone help or advise me. I am plannin on getting married Aug/Sept 2014. I want to get married about 3pm then have afternoon tea/speaches for guests. I then want a massive night do. I have 3 close friends who are caterers so ideally need a venue where I can bring my own food services in. Can any one suggest anywhere? One idea was get married in a church then hire church hall out - I could do afternoon tea/speaches then go to anothe venue for night? Is there any hotels where u can bing own food in?? Does anyone know anywhere u can hire the building so I can bring bar etc in?

Can anyone help or advise me. I am plannin on getting married Aug/Sept 2014. I want to get married about 3pm then have afternoon tea/speaches for guests. I then want a massive night do. I have 3 close friends who are caterers so ideally need a venue where I can bring my own food services in. Can any one suggest anywhere? One idea was get married in a church then hire church hall out - I could do afternoon tea/speaches then go to anothe venue for night? Is there any hotels where u can bing own food in?? Does anyone know anywhere u can hire the building so I can bring bar etc in?

Garrison hotel at Hillsbourough hire rooms out and let you bring your own food

Maybe try Whirlow Hall Farm - they might do that in their barn.

Hillsborough Sports Arena let you do your own food

We hired it for a 50th Birthday party - the manager was really helpful, the booze was a decent price, onsite car parking, tramstop close by and a field for kiddies to run around outside

botanical gardens :) as long as its a summer wedding

Have you already booked the church?

If not are you a member of a church, many religious bodies will not marry you unless you are a regular attender so you will need to check this out first. Also prices vary dramatically.

Good luck with it all!

Have you already booked the church?

If not are you a member of a church, many religious bodies will not marry you unless you are a regular attender so you will need to check this out first. Also prices vary dramatically.

Good luck with it all!

Church of England will let you, if you either live in the parish, have lived in the parish at some point in your life for more than 6 months, or if you have a family connection eg being christened there, parents married there etc.

Your banns are read out 3 times a few weeks before the wedding, and they ask that you attend at least one of the readings if possible. Its rather easy to get married in church these days!

Church of England will let you, if you either live in the parish, have lived in the parish at some point in your life for more than 6 months, or if you have a family connection eg being christened there, parents married there etc.

Your banns are read out 3 times a few weeks before the wedding, and they ask that you attend at least one of the readings if possible. Its rather easy to get married in church these days!

The above is not quite true the CoE do not have to let anyone get marreid there and there are some that will not let you! Also some do get booked up years in advance, Ecclesall CoE and Ranmoor for example.

(A complication will only arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. Read more about marriage after divorce or advice for foreign nationals.)

http://www.churchofengland.org/weddings-baptisms-funerals/weddings.aspx

Try looking in the wedding section on here.

There will be plenty of disscusions on this topic already and will probably find some one is looking for the same thing.

good luck

Hello there

I think the Ridgeway Arms at Mosborough allow you to do your own catering. I photographed a Wedding there 4 weeks ago and the venue is pretty good to say the least. There is also a Wedding Fayre being arranged for the 19th of August at The Turbine Business Centre, Coach Close, Worksop, S81 8AP where there will be lots of exhibitors to help you with your Wedding.

All the best to you.

hi just to put it right the ridgeway arms don't allow you to do your own catering they do loads of differnt packages that are very cheap and very nice and it has also recently had a refurb and when its set up for a wedding it looks great n its a big room. giv them a ring and ask to speak to the function co-ordinator claire. good luck