52,000 at Wembley, very poor..

I don't disagree, and fair play to him for supporting his small town local team.

But doesn't it just wind you up when these fans from smaller clubs try to pick fights with Wednesday fans about our support. Slagging us off for having fans desert us in so called times of need. Slagging us off for having a big number of part time fans. When deep down, they'd die to have the kind of support Wednesday have.

It's a stupid argument to try to start with us Wednesday fans, one that they will inevitabley lose, one that is born purely of jealousy and envy, and it takes a special kind of stupid to start it.

Keep slinging the insults......seems you have little else to respond with.

We only sing when we're fishing.

And you don't do much of that anymore...

And you don't do much of that anymore...

There's not much of either going on these days. :D

Well done the Massive, you'll be in a division above us for the first time in 12 seasons.

Correct...we are..catch on quick dont ya?

Whatever the end result, it has been a very poor turn out. Just over 10,000 more than at Hillsborough on the last match of the season and Wycombe brought about 12...

Come on Blades you can't compete with the Massive any more...:D

Did you miss the news about there being a recession on?

Nothing to do with thousands of united with face on coz wednesday robbed them of second spot??

Nothing to do with failure everytime in previous playoffs

Nothing to do with failure everytime in previous playoffs

Serial bottlers ! :hihi:

For a town with 1/6 the population of Sheffield, I don't think that's too poor for a non-league team. I wonder how many of you hardcore Wednesdayites would still be at Hillsborough if they were in the Conference? More than 10000?

Keep slinging the insults......seems you have little else to respond with.

Circumstantial rubbish.

You may be 1/6th the size of Sheffield, but we have 2 teams. By that rule alone you should expect a third of our supoprt. You don't get even half that amount.

And your league only comes into play because of your poor support.

You say Wednesday have more part timers. Our average this season was 21500. We got 37500 against Wycombe. An increase of 16000. Or about 74%.

United's average was about 18500. for Wembley united took about 30000. An increase of 11,500. An increase of about 62%.

62% vs 74%. Not that much in it.

And it's the same for every club. Chesterfield took 19,000 to Wembley for the JPT, which Swindon took 30000 to. Were they all hardcore? Luton took over 30000 for the conference play offs. Do they go every week?

Stop trying to bitch at Wednesday for being the same as every club in the land, including united, and no doubt Grimsby.

Whatever the end result, it has been a very poor turn out. Just over 10,000 more than at Hillsborough on the last match of the season and Wycombe brought about 12...

Come on Blades you can't compete with the Massive any more...:D

Poor performance + Poor support = Poor result.

Only thing that proves is that Wednesday have more plastic fans than United.

Wednesday do have more plastic fans.

Circumstantial rubbish.

You may be 1/6th the size of Sheffield, but we have 2 teams. By that rule alone you should expect a third of our supoprt. You don't get even half that amount.

And your league only comes into play because of your poor support.

You say Wednesday have more part timers. Our average this season was 21500. We got 37500 against Wycombe. An increase of 16000. Or about 74%.

United's average was about 18500. for Wembley united took about 30000. An increase of 11,500. An increase of about 62%.

62% vs 74%. Not that much in it.

And it's the same for every club. Chesterfield took 19,000 to Wembley for the JPT, which Swindon took 30000 to. Were they all hardcore? Luton took over 30000 for the conference play offs. Do they go every week?

Stop trying to bitch at Wednesday for being the same as every club in the land, including united, and no doubt Grimsby.

So I make a statement that you agree with and then produce the figures that back up my statement and I'm bitching about Wednesday? And to top it off, call ME stupid.

Edited by the_rudeboy

So I make a statement that you agree with and then produce the figures that back up my statement and I'm bitching about Wednesday? And to top it off, call ME stupid.

I'm not arguing with the factual statement you made. Wednesday do have more part time fans than united.

But Man United, Barcelona, Milan all have far more part time fans than united too.

Are you having a pop at them as well?

We have more fans, and we have more part time fans, than all our local rivals. But the ratios are not that much different between us, or any regular (outside the Champions League teams) club.

If we had the same number of fans as united, hardcore and part time, people like you would be whining about 'oooh you got promoted and you only got the same amount of fans as united who didn't'. Because we do get more fans we get the 'ooooh why have you got so many part time fans'.

The bottom line is we can't win on the attendance issue; we're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

I suggest that until your club is as well supported as mine, you worry about their attendances, rather than trying to pick a fight with a bigger boy.