Xbox 360 questions

Rich

Afternoon all.

I have a couple of questions about Xbox 360.

Here goes...

Can I use a 32 Gig USB Flash drive on my Xbox 360 to transfer my Xbox Live profile and game saves to a new Xbox? Dad wants to buy me a new Xbox 360 with Kinect sensor to use at their house instead of me carting mine up for the Holiday next month etc, and I want to be able to transfer my Gamertag etc to the new one when we get it.

Also, can a 250 Gig hard drive be transferred to a 4 Gig Xbox? According to research on Amazon, Game and Play.com a 4 Gig console with Kinect sensor works out cheapest, which is what Dad wants, I'm just concerned that with save games and Xbox Live downloads I'd fill 4 Gigs in next to no time.

If the Mods want to move this to the technical section feel free, I thought it would be better served in the gamers section.

you can transfer the drive but any downloaded games wont work on a different xbox unless you transfer the licence making them not work on your old xbox.

you can recover the gamertag online rather than mess with usb.

not sure on game saves they should transfer no problem

unlike the ps3 where i can use any of my downloaded games on any ps3 i sign into.

Edited by denomis

If you have gold you can move your saves to the to the cloud storage it’s only 512 MB but that should be enough for your save games.

Then all you need to do is when you go to your parents is recover your live account to your parents console which will give you access to your main content via the cloud.

If you have gold you can move your saves to the to the cloud storage it’s only 512 MB but that should be enough for your save games.

Then all you need to do is when you go to your parents is recover your live account to your parents console which will give you access to your main content via the cloud.

Sorry, Cloud? Some kind of online storage thingy? I'm confused.com (doesn't take much that :D).

you can transfer the drive but any downloaded games wont work on a different xbox unless you transfer the licence making them not work on your old xbox.

you can recover the gamertag online rather than mess with usb.

not sure on game saves they should transfer no problem

unlike the ps3 where i can use any of my downloaded games on any ps3 i sign into.

You HAD to slip that bit about PS3 in didn't you? And people call ME a fanboy?! :rolleyes: