3rd party smacking kids

This is a good debate but you'll always get folk that so no, and yes, I got my arse "tanned" a few times as a kid. I've never been violent, so I don't agree it breeds violence, my son had a slap

You contradict yourself within a single sentence.

Was it really worth cutting out all of their decent reply just so you could pick out one little contradiction? I'm pretty sure looking past pedantics, you understand where they are coming from...

Oh I'm so sorry I should have added, but where do I contradict myself? it is NOT violence to discipline children. Through dogooders NOT chastising children, it is now the main reason why this country has turned to crap, but my statement in context, or are you another reporter????

Oh you are being super, super pedantic, I should have put my when he deserved one, before the bit about the girls. So sorry but I was rushing as my family had just turned up for a family barbe, you know the ones who had a smack, & yet me and the wife are proud as punch of them no trouble at our home.

I never realised I was sitting an examination, just thought it was a debate.

Put it below read it properly

This is a good debate but you'll always get folk that so no, and yes, I got my arse "tanned" a few times as a kid. I've never been violent, so I don't agree it breeds violence, my son had a slap & wife slapped girls (I never laid hand on them) when he deserved one, never had bobbies at our house though. The reason being, we also believed that if a smack was necessary they got one but, we also taught our 3 right from wrong & not to talk back to your elders.

Edited by Bypassblade

:loopy:

I am very against smacking in ALL forms, violence breeds violence IMO, I was smacked as a child but would never do it to any kids of my own (not that I'll probably ever get any).

Then your opinion is wrong.

My little un kicked off at nursery the other day and if I could I would have given permission to clip the little bleeder.

Was it really worth cutting out all of their decent reply just so you could pick out one little contradiction? I'm pretty sure looking past pedantics, you understand where they are coming from...

He already has a thing for parents.

He already has a thing for parents.

Sorry Aj, is it me you refer to above, sorry you little un kicked off (I understand fully where you coming from on that one), I have a grandson that does that at school.

Sorry Aj, is it me you refer to above, sorry you little un kicked off (I understand fully where you coming from on that one), I have a grandson that does that at school.

No it wasnt you, just a mess about with Cyclone who I'm sure is a decent sort.

My little un very rarely kicks off at nursery but we let one of the neighbours kids on the garden to play with him last week and he taught him some right crap, proper rude stuff too, not necessarily swear words, stuff you dont really want a four year old talking about.

The next day at school he repeated some of this stuff and got a little worked up over being brought to task about his language by one of the staff, chaos ensued.

Of course its ok for a 3rd party to smack a child. I was smacked by Grandparents and other relatives when I was in their care, if I needed it! What's the problem these days with everyone namby pambying around, we are talking about smacking here not beating kids up:confused:

No it wasnt you, just a mess about with Cyclone who I'm sure is a decent sort.

My little un very rarely kicks off at nursery but we let one of the neighbours kids on the garden to play with him last week and he taught him some right crap, proper rude stuff too, not necessarily swear words, stuff you dont really want a four year old talking about.

The next day at school he repeated some of this stuff and got a little worked up over being brought to task about his language by one of the staff, chaos ensued.

Sorted, I see your point entirely about the little one, pardon the expression it's that age old adage "monkey see, money do". It's only when they are told it's wrong they get confused, it's hard but we can't put our sense of morality on other people's kids, or people (sadly) :):)

Oh I'm so sorry I should have added, but where do I contradict myself? it is NOT violence to discipline children. Through dogooders NOT chastising children, it is now the main reason why this country has turned to crap, but my statement in context, or are you another reporter????

Oh you are being super, super pedantic, I should have put my when he deserved one, before the bit about the girls. So sorry but I was rushing as my family had just turned up for a family barbe, you know the ones who had a smack, & yet me and the wife are proud as punch of them no trouble at our home.

Whether you think he deserved it or not doesn't alter anything, you were smacked as a child, you then say that you're not violent but that you smack your child, which is violence.

I never realised I was sitting an examination, just thought it was a debate.

Put it below read it properly

This is a good debate but you'll always get folk that so no, and yes, I got my arse "tanned" a few times as a kid. I've never been violent, so I don't agree it breeds violence, my son had a slap & wife slapped girls (I never laid hand on them) when he deserved one, never had bobbies at our house though. The reason being, we also believed that if a smack was necessary they got one but, we also taught our 3 right from wrong & not to talk back to your elders.

Doesn't alter anything, the first part of that sentence is wrong, you use violence of a way of disciplining your child.

Sorted, I see your point entirely about the little one, pardon the expression it's that age old adage "monkey see, money do". It's only when they are told it's wrong they get confused, it's hard but we can't put our sense of morality on other people's kids, or people (sadly) :):)

If children copy the behaviour they see, then what do you think you're teaching them by smacking them? That the biggest person enforces their will through violence maybe?

No one should ever hit a child, it teaches them nothing! even shouting no! teaches nothing and i'm always hearing loud gobby parents screaming 'dont do that or i'll smack you'! how about dont do it because.....and then explain why!?!?!? I hate smacking can you tell!

Kids can be disciplined in many different ways, mine get grounded or time outs and things taken off them like fave toys etc and my kids are really good kids, its the kids that get shouted at in my neighbourhood that are the little craps, trashing gardens, up all hours on school nights, swearing....must be all the built up frustration from being scared of the towering adult over them causing them pain....

Edited by justafriend