Has anyone ever dropped their smartphone down the toilet?

I did, yesterday. Because of the design, you can't open it up, remove the battery and dry it like you could back in the day. It stopped working but seems a lot better today now it's dried a little, but there's still some condensation trapped inside; I can see it just behind the camera lense.

Was just wondering if this will completely disappear on its own or not...?

Not a massive deal if not, the phone's insured so I can go swap it, would rather save the inconvenience of downloading all my apps again etc., if it can be helped.

I did, yesterday. Because of the design, you can't open it up, remove the battery and dry it like you could back in the day. It stopped working but seems a lot better today now it's dried a little, but there's still some condensation trapped inside; I can see it just behind the camera lense.

Was just wondering if this will completely disappear on its own or not...?

Not a massive deal if not, the phone's insured so I can go swap it, would rather save the inconvenience of downloading all my apps again etc., if it can be helped.

Stick it a bag of rice asap and leave it somewhere warm for a few days...

Stick it a bag of rice asap and leave it somewhere warm for a few days...

Interesting... don't think I can go without it for that long though. If it's not healed itself in a couple days I'll just go swap it.

Are you sure the phones insured for dropping down the toilet? They often try to say it was your own fault, like if it accidentally ends up in the wash. You took it near the toilet, due care and all that.

You get it sorted yet? :D

I think so... it's insured against accidental damage. IIRC the only thing it doesn't cover is if you leave it on a car roof and drive off.

It's getting better. The condensation behind the camera has gone, there's just a little glitch with the screen now.

Ahh thats good, long as its working!

Mines got accidental damage, but only for like dropping it, if I take it to the toilet, or in the bath, or in a room with water, and get WATER damage, then I wasn't taking care of it and it doesn't count :(

Ahh thats good, long as its working!

Mines got accidental damage, but only for like dropping it, if I take it to the toilet, or in the bath, or in a room with water, and get WATER damage, then I wasn't taking care of it and it doesn't count :(

Who are you insured with? I'm with the Geek Squad. I took it in today and just told them I'd dropped it in the toilet like an idiot and they accepted it. No problems, the guy just wanted to know whether or not it was a clean toilet (it was) before he touched it lol.

Who are you insured with? I'm with the Geek Squad. I took it in today and just told them I'd dropped it in the toilet like an idiot and they accepted it. No problems, the guy just wanted to know whether or not it was a clean toilet (it was) before he touched it lol.

Is that the Carphone warehouse insurance?

Mines with the Tmobile provider, I forget their name, but they're crap! x

Is that the Carphone warehouse insurance?

Mines with the Tmobile provider, I forget their name, but they're crap! x

Yeah it's the Carphone Warehouse one. They're really good, would highly recommend them. Maybe switch to them if you can. :)