Kevin Beattie forced to wear a tag.

Jim Hardie

Fantastic footballer,and whilst i appreciate,benefit fraud is a serious crime.......couldnt a touch of common sense have been shown,rather then go to the expense of fitting and monitoring a tag,this fella could have spent 12 weeks coaching young kids and passing on his skills and knowledge for free on some kind of community service,surely that would be more beneficial to society.......

Not realising he had to declare his earnings is a poor excuse,but totally with you regarding how ridiculous him having to wear a tag is.

Total bull, everytime he signed on, they would have asked him "have you done any work, paid or unpaid, since you last signed"

No excuse :rant:

A sad story this. He was a super player in his day and there are multi-millionaires playing the game today that aren't fit to lace his boots. Full marks to the BBC for not sacking him and I can't think what the ridiculous tag is meant to achieve, talk about kicking a man when he's down.

Hes a thief!!

Fantastic footballer,and whilst i appreciate,benefit fraud is a serious crime.......couldnt a touch of common sense have been shown,rather then go to the expense of fitting and monitoring a tag,this fella could have spent 12 weeks coaching young kids and passing on his skills and knowledge for free on some kind of community service,surely that would be more beneficial to society.......

Maybe he already has previous, hence them going down so hard on him.

And community servive isn't meant to be fun, which it probably would be to him if he was coaching kids.