Ruskin Park 2 dogs savaged my dog today

how's your dog now.

He is okay thank you he's alive anyway with a massive wound and stitches in his face and feeling a bit sad

He's eaten something today so I'm hoping he's on the mend and that the incident hasn't finished him off psychologically

Thanks for all your support

I'm still hoping this woman will come forward because I have been penniless for ages and just when I get something I have to use it for the dog who is definitely worth it

Can you please post a description of the dogs and the woman, please?

Someone else may have seen the attack, or someone may know if the dogs go to the park regularly. It would be good if people can keep an eye out for the lady to let her know the dameage her dogs actually caused. Knowing what to look for can also save other people from the same experience.

I hope your dog is ok. Its so sad that dogs go through these sorts of things.

I would just like to point out the lady in question may not know how much damage her dogs have done and may not even read the posts here, I feel a little uncomfortable with the finger pointing and as the OP said she hurried off as she had a little one with her that was upset. Maybe she would have been happy to give her address if asked?

My dog has been attacked twice in the last year, both times needing vet treatment though at the time there did not appear to be any injuries apart from a limp, the bleeding did not start till after and unless it is a face/ leg injury the fur does cover a lot up. Both times the dogs that did it seemed friendly enough and I do believe the owners when they said that it was out of character for the dog.

I really hope that the dog makes a good recovery, it is very frightening when it happens and really shakes you up. I hope that the lady in question does offer to pay but until she is given the chance I think it is unfair to assume she will not.

Like I said she did say sorry and was as horrified as I was. She was late 30's early 40's over 5'7 tall long red or dark hair I think she was wearing a maxi dress or something girly maybe a floral top I dont know I really wasn't paying attention to her.

Can you please post a description of the dogs and the woman, please?

Someone else may have seen the attack, or someone may know if the dogs go to the park regularly. It would be good if people can keep an eye out for the lady to let her know the dameage her dogs actually caused. Knowing what to look for can also save other people from the same experience.

I hope your dog is ok. Its so sad that dogs go through these sorts of things.

I hope your dog is doing well now.

Scozzie is right - as we all know, people tend to walk their dogs habitually, so it could well be that she walks the same route, same time, every day.

Like another poster said - If anyone does see this woman and her dogs, please don't be acusitory or nasty, but simply inform her of the animal's condition, and let her know you can help her get in contact with the owner...

I sympathise with you; we were taking our elderly Border Collie for a walk in Endcliffe Park tonight when an aggressive 'attack dog' came directly towards our dog. I had our dog on a lead, between my legs, as although the other dog was muzzled it had menace in its eyes and it was snarling. My dog was wagging his tail but the other dog went for him. Its owner was a few yards away, jogging. We fended the dog off and I said: 'Hey mate why don't you run with your dog on a lead'. He responded with a foul tirade, his dog then again went for mine; my wife tried to seperate them; he swore at her in racist terms then - having done nothing to stop his dog - went trotting off on his run. 1) There's a notice at the entrance to the park: Dogs must be on a lead. 2) His dog was muzzled. Thank goodness. 3) I have a sprained wrist and scratches down my leg from parting his dog from mine. 4) I hope he enjoys his visit from the cops - afterwards we were approached by an independent eye-witness who got his vile language on record on his 'phone. Arrogant buffoon.:rant:

Some people really are rude and ignorant. They spoil it for the majority of dog owners that are sensible and responsible.

A few weeks ago, i was walking my dog through Whiteley Woods (i think thats what they're called), we were on our way back to Forge Dam from Endcliffe park. We'd met many other dogs so far and all were nice and friendly. My dog was on a lead, not because she's aggrssive or anything like that, purely because her recall isn't very good yet. She's very friendly and just wants to play with other dogs.

We were approached by a little Spaniel that was off lead. The owner saw her dog come running over to us and made no attempt to call it back so i assumed it was friendly. I stood still and allowed the dog to come over and greet Roxy (Roxy was laid on the floor, rolling on her back). The dogs owner then shouted to me 'just watch her love, she can be a bit snappy', she then turned her back to us and continued talking to her friend. The Spaniel then just lunged at Roxy and tried biting her neck and face. Luckily, the dog wasn't big enough to do any damage to my dog. So i pulled Roxy away and carried on walking. The Spaniel followed us, still snapping and barking at Roxy. I asked the owner to call her dog to which she replied 'She's only small, she won't hurt. And i did tell you to watch her.'

Why should I have to watch her dog?? Mine was on a lead, walking to heel and behaving herself. The spaniel was off lead, running around without proper supervison and doing what ever it wanted! Just because it's a small dog, doesn't mean it's not capable of causing harm.

Had it been the other way around (my dog, which is a Staffy, off lead running around snapping at Spaniels) there'd have been uproar about my 'aggressive' dog.

Some people really are rude and ignorant. They spoil it for the majority of dog owners that are sensible and responsible.

A few weeks ago, i was walking my dog through Whiteley Woods (i think thats what they're called), we were on our way back to Forge Dam from Endcliffe park. We'd met many other dogs so far and all were nice and friendly. My dog was on a lead, not because she's aggrssive or anything like that, purely because her recall isn't very good yet. She's very friendly and just wants to play with other dogs.

We were approached by a little Spaniel that was off lead. The owner saw her dog come running over to us and made no attempt to call it back so i assumed it was friendly. I stood still and allowed the dog to come over and greet Roxy (Roxy was laid on the floor, rolling on her back). The dogs owner then shouted to me 'just watch her love, she can be a bit snappy', she then turned her back to us and continued talking to her friend. The Spaniel then just lunged at Roxy and tried biting her neck and face. Luckily, the dog wasn't big enough to do any damage to my dog. So i pulled Roxy away and carried on walking. The Spaniel followed us, still snapping and barking at Roxy. I asked the owner to call her dog to which she replied 'She's only small, she won't hurt. And i did tell you to watch her.'

Why should I have to watch her dog?? Mine was on a lead, walking to heel and behaving herself. The spaniel was off lead, running around without proper supervison and doing what ever it wanted! Just because it's a small dog, doesn't mean it's not capable of causing harm.

Had it been the other way around (my dog, which is a Staffy, off lead running around snapping at Spaniels) there'd have been uproar about my 'aggressive' dog.

On the plus side though the owner of the Spaniel was happy with hers approaching a Staffy, our experience has been panic stations as they frantically call their dog back to them.

On the plus side though the owner of the Spaniel was happy with hers approaching a Staffy, our experience has been panic stations as they frantically call their dog back to them.

Good point! Yes, i come across that too unfortunately.

A guy with two Terrier dogs was walking towards me the other day, there was a lady in front of me with 2 Labs. The bloke walked his dogs past the lady with the Labs, no problem. As soon as he saw me and Roxy, he crossed the road. Once he'd passed us, he then crossed back across to the side we were walking on.

Luckily, Roxy is a very friendly, very excitable dog. When she sees people or other dogs, she wags her tail and often rolls over onto her back! So she does make it quite clear that she's friendly!

There are still many people that can't see past the Staffy stereotype though.

One thing that really anoys me is the few people that have said something like 'oh, she's not like your typical Staffy is she?' I just want to scream at them 'Yes, she is a typical Staffy, this is what most Staffies are like! They are friendly, fussy dogs!!'

Edited by angel22

You are too right Angel22. What a shame. Some people think they can let small dogs get away with anything.

I have given up on Bellas recall now, cos she just attracts lots of attention cos of her size and cannot resist a chase. Shes extremely friendly but no matter how hard i try with her recall, something happens to make her regress back to stage one.

i walk her on her own now cos she gets too giddy when she is with Alice and i just keep her on her lead as her lead walk is near perfect. We were having a lovely walk a week or so ago, and came across a woman with three dogs off lead. She called one dog back and put him on the lead when she saw us but whilst doing so, her two terrier crosses came running at us, one wearing a muzzle. I just stood and got Bella to stand calmy still, and she was fine even while one terrier was sniffing around her feet. The woman had made no attempt to call these dogs back. Then, the terrier with the muzzle on jumped up my leg and Bella got all protective, kangarooing and bearing her teeth. She doesnt growl, bark or snap, she just gives them a warning. (Thank god for haltis lol) It was at this point, when the woman thought her dogs may have been in danger, that she came running towards us. She even gave me a dirty look! By the time she reached me, I had bella back under control, standing calmly by my side waiting for me to say 'ok' and walk on.

I dont expect any dog to be perfect, mine arent, but an apology would have been nice!