Nice touch from Coventry City

CorkerSWFC

Nice touch by Coventry

Sheffield Wednesday were touched this week to receive a postcard from Coventry City fans paying tribute to the late Steven Fairbank and Shaun Rhodes.

Steven and Shaun tragically lost their lives in a motorway crash in February 2006 whilst travelling back from Coventry after watching their beloved Owls in action at the Ricoh Arena.

More than six years on, Sky Blues fans took it upon themselves to send the Owls the following message:

"Well done to the Owls on your promotion, from Coventry City fans - Sky Blues.

"In memory of Steven Fairbank and Shaun Rhodes (RIP) 15/2/2006."

Everyone at Hillsborough and the families and friends, we are sure, of Steven and Shaun, would like to say a heartfelt thank you for this magnificent gesture.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~2788282,00.html

Yes nice touch and, just goes to prove that no matter who you support football is one big extended family. Well done to the CCFC fans for remembering, puts other things surely in perspective :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Totally agree, top gesture.

That is truly a nice touch from Coventry. I am shaun's uncle ,his mums brother and on behalf of our family and indeed Steve's family thank you so much it's very touching to know that they are remembered. They were both at Cardiff when we did it last time and Shaun and Steve always said it was the best day of thier lives we think of them every day and i can imagine them looking down on Wednesday and raising a glass in celebration Bless um !!

That is truly a nice touch from Coventry. I am shaun's uncle ,his mums brother and on behalf of our family and indeed Steve's family thank you so much it's very touching to know that they are remembered. They were both at Cardiff when we did it last time and Shaun and Steve always said it was the best day of thier lives we think of them every day and i can imagine them looking down on Wednesday and raising a glass in celebration Bless um !!

I'll bet you they were watching & raised a glass, be good, & best wishes to you all Pete

Top man all the best and Up the Owls and Coventry !!!