Is **** plus slowing down firefox?

mrbrit

Just wondering if anyone else is having any issues with ******* plus.

On a few sites today, sheffield forum included. Firefox has ground to a halt with huge memory usage. Upon disabling ******* plus, Firefox becomes stable and responsive.

What's "********" ?

I'm guessing it's that add-on that stops adverts from appearing which is somewhat frowned upon by the mods, considering the sole income of the forum is via advertising. I think the automatic filter takes out all reference to it.

Haha it`s not allowed to be mentioned on here as they make their money from adverts on the site.I use it and not had a problem for what its worth.

Hahaha...I don't even know what it's called, and don't really care! :)

As someone mentioned, as this plugin (and other ad blockers) directly take away revenue from the site, we're not prepared to provide space/resources for discussing them. If you want to discuss them, then feel free to do it on someone else's tab. Closing this topic but if you want to pay a monthly subscription in return for no ads then please drop me an email and I'll see what we can do.