Caravan and campsite in Sheffield

Does any one know if the Tour de France goes near the site .

Why's it advertised as in Derbyshire ? It's inside the Sheffield border isn't it ?

No website and no photos of the site? I never book places without seeing a photo.

Not sure why the op took such offence Allen's comments in post #7 :huh: I thought it was quite helpful. Wonder why they never got the electric sorted. I would definitely consider going there if there was hook up but we don't have gas or batteries in our little old caravan lol - something to remedy this spring!

Is this the web page you found....

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=110132

It appears it's now a camping and caravan club certified site for members only...and doesn't provide electric hook up.

Just been on this website and read the reviews,one of which mentions 2 ehu's avaliable.This was last september.I will now revisit to see if this is true,if it is ,i will try a night or two there once the weather improves:)

Keep us informed monzaman.

A lot has happened in the nearly two years since I first commented on this thread....and obviously upset the owner (still don't understand that).

I booked a site for an overnight stop for that journey up north I mentioned.

It was behind a pub near Chesterfield, and I believed they had electric hook up.

Well, they didn't!

Neither did they have toilet facilities in the morning....something I do regularly.

Anyway....I discovered it's no great hardship to go without electric for a couple of nights or so...and emptying the loo isn't that bad if you aim straight, lol.

I've now fitted a solar panel capable of maintaining the battery charge and whilst I still prefer the luxury of electric hook up it's no longer a necessity for short breaks.

I've booked a site with the C&CC for Easter without electric for a five night stay.

Wish me luck, lol:)

A lot has happened in the nearly two years since I first commented on this thread....and obviously upset the owner (still don't understand that).

It was behind a pub near Chesterfield, and I believed they had electric hook up.

Well, they didn't!

Neither did they have toilet facilities in the morning....something I do regularly.

Anyway....I discovered it's no great hardship to go without electric for a couple of nights or so...and emptying the loo isn't that bad if you aim straight, lol.

I've now fitted a solar panel capable of maintaining the battery charge and whilst I still prefer the luxury of electric hook up it's no longer a necessity for short breaks.

I've booked a site with the C&CC for Easter without electric for a five night stay.

Any info on solar panels ,do they do the job and for how long etc.

I know it would depend on the weather.

Any info on solar panels ,do they do the job and for how long etc.

I know it would depend on the weather.

solar panels for caravans and motorhomes have advanced greatly in the past few years.We fit them at work and the feedback we get is generally positive.

A 90w panel will keep your battery going unless you go bonkers with the telly, computer,dvd etc:hihi:

The panel I have is a tiny thing....about 18 inches by 9 inches.

It sits in the front window of the van.

Instructions clearly say not to be connected whilst using the electrics of the van to avoid damage to the unit.

Again, instructions say it will not charge a low battery....but will "maintain" the charge of a good battery.

So far it seems to be doing it's job.

I connect it when the van is in storage and the battery seems fine.

It means I don't have to rely on a site with electric every time I'm away, but as most sites I visit do have electric, the battery gets a good charge periodically.

Bear in mind, the battery is charged whilst towing also......and I don't run "extras" like TV etc. ......just lighting and the water pump.

Well, they didn't!

Hoping to pop up one day next week after work so will let you know!

Hoping to pop up one day next week after work so will let you know!

Just realised i never went up redmires to check on this campsite,i am going to try popping up there next sunday.I tried the website but couldnt get anything up.

Just realised i never went up redmires to check on this campsite,i am going to try popping up there next sunday.I tried the website but couldnt get anything up.

Any news monzaman?

Looking to visit Sheffield next month and the nearest campsite I can find is at Penistone.

Electric hook up is no longer a problem as I've now upgraded my solar panel.

Redmires would be much more convenient.

There's a Scout camp at Chapeltown but not sure if they would let non scouts use it.