Attic room too hot

Hi, my daughters room is in the attic and the heat is unbearable, she had a desk top fan on but that was just blowing warm air we have had the windows open all day but that does not help. What is the best way to keep her cool at night i don't want to spend more then £50. Thank you

Hi, my daughters room is in the attic and the heat is unbearable, she had a desk top fan on but that was just blowing warm air we have had the windows open all day but that does not help. What is the best way to keep her cool at night i don't want to spend more then £50. Thank you

A fan.:)

Challenge Slimline 4.5 Litre Air Cooler £59.99 Argos

The Challenge Air Cooler has an attractive slimline design and easy glide castors which makes it ideal for conveniently storing and moving from room to room. The Challenge Air Cooler will create a blast of cool air across your room using water from its 4.5 litre tank or the ice packs supplied, making it a fantastic product for your home during the summer months.

£2-300 and airconditioning unit.

Edited by MrSmith

IMO you may as well put some ice in front of the fan rather than buy that. The only way to cool down the air is to buy a proper air con unit. We have a similar situation, we are in the loft and plan on buying a proper unit.

IMO you may as well put some ice in front of the fan rather than buy that. The only way to cool down the air is to buy a proper air con unit. We have a similar situation, we are in the loft and plan on buying a proper unit.

cant afford something like that, and we are hopeing to move ASAP so it's only short term thing

I don't think that's necessarily true though, we have an air conditioning box thing like that upstairs (Okay, maybe it was more than £50) and it's just as good as the proper air conditioning we have in the conservatory.

Going by some of the reviews, I'd say the one in Argos is worth a try. Could always return it if it's no good.

I have an attic fan installed in the window, it works on a thermostat set to draw out the hot air at your desired temperature, they can be installed into the roof I'd you have no window, my attics just for storage but I open up the attic door and it'll draw all the hot air out of the whole house if you keep all the windows closed but one, downside is, if it's damp out it'll draw all the dampness in, and it's also quite noisey .perfect for cool nights for the whole house if the attics left open.

cant afford something like that, and we are hopeing to move ASAP so it's only short term thing

You can take an aircon unit with you and I do agree with CathS, we had one of those units I posted and whilst they are OK and better than a fan, they aint as good a an aircon unit.

contrary to most people in the Uk's actions, close the windows and shut the curtains. Also get black out curtains if you can.

This is how they do it in most hot countries.

HI we sleep in a loft bedroom and the heat was unbearable bought a portable pifco air con unit with a flexi pipe that goes through a window .

Have to wear hat and gloves in bed now lol.

The only problem is its quite noisy but it has several modes including de humidify so you can use it for a few hrs and the room should be more bearable.