Boycott Violia protest outside Don Valley House today

Saw a protest today outside Don Valley House on Saville Street East. The main banner said Boycott Veolia and they were all waving Palestinian flags.

Anybody know what the protest was about, why they want Veolia boycotted?

:lol: yep, let's boycott veolia, i'm sure they'll be really bothered if they have fewer bins to collect given that they'll have a block contract with the council so will get paid whatever.

Honestly, there are some right idiots on this planet. You know, if we got rid of them there'd be a lot more planet and resources to go around those that were left....

:lol: yep, let's boycott veolia, i'm sure they'll be really bothered if they have fewer bins to collect given that they'll have a block contract with the council so will get paid whatever.

Honestly, there are some right idiots on this planet. You know, if we got rid of them there'd be a lot more planet and resources to go around those that were left....

Perhaps they want to burn foreigners to supplement the district heating - I say stick with pensioners.

Whilst my bins post was tongue in cheek, you do realise that Veolia does MUCH more than empty bins, right?

Found it. It appears the protests are against Veolia's involvement in operating a tram link in Israel.

http://www.bigcampaign.org/veolia/

Why not tell the protesters that if they're that upset, why not go to Isreal and protest where it actually means something. The UK arm of the company will no doubt have no other involvement beyond the company name.

I'm very much sympathetic to the palestinians and the struggle for a palestinian nation state but I too am at a loss as to what good this will do for two reasons.

Firstly yes how can protesting with a palestinian flag outside against Veolia do any good in the Middle East but more importantly.

How can I boycott Veolia? I only use them for refuse collection and I cant refuse to get rid of my rubbish. Next they will be telling us to boycott breathing or drinking yorkshire water.