Is it okay to have a fire in your garden

What about bras?

If there are bras in your garden rubbish, investing in better-quality clothes pegs to stop them falling off the line.

It's not illegal,but it is very inconsiderate towards you nieghbour's

You can't burn domestic waste but you are OK to burn your bits from the garden. However consider composting where possible & chipping any wooden branches etc, all depends on your green credentials I suppose, (and I don't mean your Irish roots, if you'll forgive the pun).

Save it up til the 5th November then no one notices

we don't need no water ... ... ...... ...... burn.

.........why have a bonfire at all?? Most people have a car, take it to the tip, hire a skip, bin it etc. It is very anti-social at any time of the day or night1 Who wants the house or laundry smelling like a kipper factory? Yuk!

.........why have a bonfire at all?? Most people have a car, take it to the tip, hire a skip, bin it etc. It is very anti-social at any time of the day or night1 Who wants the house or laundry smelling like a kipper factory? Yuk!

Lots of people do NOT have a car and if anyone who does is willing to take my garden rubbish I'd be very grateful.:D

Until then my hb will be burning it in a covered brazier in the back garden.

We burn it when there's little wind and after checking no immediate neighbours have any washing hanging outside.

The odour/effect of carefully burning garden rubbish is no more offensive or intrusive than barbeques held in back gardens with their distinctive aromas/fumes. :)

had to laugh:loopy::loopy:

In practice you should not burn waste that is likely to create excessive smoke or noxious fumes. If only dry garden waste is burnt, your bonfire should not cause a problem.

Ah, but there's no smoke without fire.

I dont know where people get this 7pm rubbish from

Its an old wives tale!

It's a bit of a tradition to have your garden fire in the evening. I think the idea is your neighbours have shut their windows and brought their laundry in off the washing line by then.

It's more environmentally friendly to burn it in your garden. You can then put the ashes on your flower beds as a good source of potassium.

I'd agree it's anti-social to have a fire if your neighbour has a washing line of laundry out, but at other times why not?

there's also something bloody nice about sitting around a chimnea with a beer and some mates