Why do dogs do this ??

My cocker does that when she finds fox poo. I think they do it to cover themselves in the scent so it is harder for their prey to know they're coming. (er, I could have just made that up lol, not sure but that's what i assume lol)

My one yr Great Dane just loves to roll. She absolutely loves it when its been raining and the grass is wet, and she gets a run up them throws herself to the ground and slides down a hill on her back...:loopy:

It's about pack order reputedly - the smelliest being the stronger member of the pack

We cured it with the words 'who needs a bath?', and showering him in cold water from the garden tap when we got home, again repeating the same words

Whats the worst thing your dog has ever rolled in? My old gal once found the stinking remains of a days old dead carp. That was not a pleasant drive back from Clumber Park! Stinky much! Also.....found her giddy, legs up in the air, wriggling & rolling around a heap of hatching frog spawn. Many, many tiny froggies squished. Yuk!

Whats the worst thing your dog has ever rolled in? My old gal once found the stinking remains of a days old dead carp. That was not a pleasant drive back from Clumber Park! Stinky much! Also.....found her giddy, legs up in the air, wriggling & rolling around a heap of hatching frog spawn. Many, many tiny froggies squished. Yuk!

OMG! :gag:

the worst alice has rolled in was a rotting pigeon corpse. we were at my mums and had to be hosed down before she was allowed back in the van lol (it was before we had the grooming van otherwise shed have had a proper bath there and then!) lol