Where can I take the children paddling?

Hi,

I'm looking to take my children paddling, and looking for somewhere nice and safe near to Sheffield.

I'm originally from Osmotherly, so think I may have been spoilt a little bit, but I'm certain that someone must know some really nice spots that 6 year old twins and an 8 year old would love, and the water is not too deep.

PLEASE could anyone recommend somewhere.

Thanks!

padley gorge

peace gardens (city centre)

millhouses park (south shef)

enjoy!

Thanks, Padley Gorge looks more like it :-) Just got to work out how to get there as I can't find a postcode anywhere but guess if I get to the Longshaw estate I should be able to get directions from there. My 3 will be VERY happy and very WET this weekend :hihi:

Thanks, Padley Gorge looks more like it :-) Just got to work out how to get there as I can't find a postcode anywhere but guess if I get to the Longshaw estate I should be able to get directions from there. My 3 will be VERY happy and very WET this weekend :hihi:

dead easy.

take a train from Sheffield to Grindleford. Get out the station and you're there.