Sheffield Half-Marathon on Sunday 27 May- megathread

And a date late in May is more likely to be too hot, isn't it ?

Was it the same date last year as i seem to remember some bus diversions due to a run on 9th october or am I getting confused ?

I think the Great Yorkshire Run (10k) was in October last year. It is 2nd September this year.

Well done everyone! I had a great day, even though I plodded round. Hear hear to the family with the water sprays, they were lifesavers! And to the p*ssed bloke offering his bottle of water :-) Shame the website is down especially for people wanting info about the race and road closures etc. Yes the race is normally in April, very late this year for some reason.

Just found that link 1978 but thanks :-)

hats off to all runners today (now the sun is finally down, it`s safe to offer such a tribute!). phew! :thumbsup:

hats off to all runners today (now the sun is finally down, it`s safe to offer such a tribute!). phew! :thumbsup:

Yes, congratulations to everyone who ran in the heat yesterday. (I'm certainly not going to try.)

Great event - but at £26 per contestant maybe more could be done to value the competitors. None of those misting devices to cool runners. No big screen at Hillsborough this year in the Great Yorks run. Miserable goody bag. Water on offer but no energy drinks. Ran out of small t-shirts. Web-site went down when we want results and times. Only one decent band in the whole circuit, when a good song really energises the runners - why not encourage youngsters with rock bands to play, maybe in some of the drearier stretches of road ? And a date late in May is more likely to be too hot, isn't it ?

But a very big thank you to the marshalls - great support.

Agreed. I did it in 2010, and not only was the fee a bit cheaper (I think), but there were more bands playing music en route, free powerade drinks around the 10-11 mile point, and the goody bag had a few more, well, goodies!

Still had fun, and smashed my PB. Even if I did feel awful for it later in the day! :gag:

My legs feel like jelly today so pleased with myself and the encourgment on eccy road. Was doused with water by army volunteers and splashed by kids on the way, heaven!

A lot has to go out to the volunters as well with all the sponges and water drinks they gave out, they must have felt the heat just as much, but Im in pain and willing to do it again :)

I soo wished I was there yesterday but had to pull out on health advice a couple of weeks ago - all being well I will defintely be there next year

Well done to all the runners, hope lots of money was raised