Sheffield Half-Marathon on Sunday 27 May- megathread

I 'd never run any serious distance even at school! My first ever run was the Great North Run 3 months before my 60th birthday (one of the things you have to do before) - and I now know I didn't do things very well!! Almost finished under 3 hours, but didn't.

I've still to break 2 hours 30 minutes for the distance and don't expect to do it tomorrow either. With advancing years I'm just pleased to be able to take part and avoid being in the last 100. If there are 500 behind me I'd be amazed.

I have taken training a little more seriously since with a few 10k jog/run/walks. I'm confident I'll be walking a fair bit tomorrow, but it will be a fast walk. No heroics. I want to feel better for it, not worse. Macmillan Cancer Care won't mind the time I take, and my sponsors won't either.

Good luck everyone, take care - and I reckon Wugzy will be well ahead of me:)

Go for it and never mind the time.Just think I have done it and done what I wanted to do.

Unfortuntatley the sheffield marathon website is down so u cant get info regarding road closeures

You could give 6 months notice of road closures/diversions/bus changes and people will still post endless threads on here bitching about it.

Whatever :hihi:

You run your arses off while I enjoy a buffet finger party few beers and family visiting to celebrate my birthday:hihi:

Is that anything like a Mars bar party ?

bus alterations are here: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx?id=3817

road closures are here: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/new-route-allows-best-ever-numbers-for-sheffield-half-marathon-1-4578572

morning supertram timetable is at http://www.supertram.com. Park & Ride facilities are available at Nunnery Square (off Parkway) and Meadowhall Interchange, both a 5 minutes tram ride from Don Valley Stadium, alternatively further out are park and rides at Halfway and Middlewood.

My first one too! Good luck everyone xx

Lets Get One Thing Clear Shall We.

I have absolutley no problem whatso ever with the road closeures , what I do have a problem with is that the marathon web site is down , there is nothing on the sheffield council web site - that I can find, therefore how can you find out whats going on . Yes we have known about this for some time however up until 10pm ish last night I hadnt expected to have to go out.

Lets Get One Thing Clear Shall We.

I have absolutley no problem whatso ever with the road closeures , what I do have a problem with is that the marathon web site is down , there is nothing on the sheffield council web site - that I can find, therefore how can you find out whats going on . Yes we have known about this for some time however up until 10pm ish last night I hadnt expected to have to go out.

The site is not down.

I can access it.

is there any live footage i can watch anywhere?