Is it acceptable to use bullet points on job applications?

I'm in the process of completing a difficult job application, on the personal specification I need to show I have all the skills and experience needed using the most simple legible concise method, so would bullet pointing be acceptable? Or could this be perceived as someone who is maybe idle / and or cannot construct paragraphs?

Googling brought up mixed responses and the sites which deem it acceptable are from the US.

Edited by Green Web

I've done it in the past. I think it depends on the application form. Mine were for public sector jobs, and to get an interview, showing all the essential requirements were matched was a must. Bullet pointing, where appropriate, made for easy reading.

I usually got the interview. ;)

I'd have no problem with bullet points, providing they're used appropriately.

They draw focus to the eye on a CV, but wouldn't be suitable in a box on an application form, where you'd just have a block of text and leave a blank line between that and the next block.

I've done it in the past. I think it depends on the application form. Mine were for public sector jobs, and to get an interview, showing all the essential requirements were matched was a must. Bullet pointing, where appropriate, made for easy reading.

I usually got the interview. ;)

I agre with this. Either that or highlight the essential and desirable criteria and provide a short paragraph about how the applicant meets these underneath each heading.

I recruit frequently for high level posts. Whilst it may be important to demonstrate good writing skills, for me, I much prefer bullet points. Instead of having to wade through loads of text and pick out relevant facts etc which are easily missed, bullet points mean I can sift through much more easily. I can recall a number of occasions when wordy paragraphs have been so off-putting I've put the application immediately in the NO pile