Why cant prospective employers..

let you know that there is no employment instead of stringing you along. I contacted a particular company and after a few emails and a few texts was told if was available to do some work. I said i was by text and email. I duly waited for the text/email to confirm where/when etc. No response. Finally they sent me an email to say if i had given them the right mobile number ( yeah you have been texting me with it and i have checked it is working by sending a text to our lass) why they could have put in the email where/when etc or just say they had no work or changed their mind. It does not look very professional at all. Has any body else been strung along?

Edited by Big Sigh

Any company that was texting you about a possible job isn't professionaol anyway, so that should have been a clue.

They also sent emails to confirm the work and then said had i given them the right mobile number :loopy:

Yes I saw you said that, but what i'm saying is that a professional company does not send text messages about a job, only some sort of very casual, non-conforming, and likely unprofessional business, would go about conducting job offers by text message (whether they emailed or not) and it doesn't even sound like you had a face to face interview....at least...no mention of that in your post. So a company that sendds texts and emails about a job and doesn't even see you, is either unprofessional, or the work is so casual ir is not permanent and so it cannot be taken seriously.

What sort of company was it? A big one - or a sort of local construction firm or something?

Edit: Just asking, as you said you contacted them, sounds as though the job may not have been particularly 'advertised' as such

Edited by Leah-Lacie

What sort of company was it? A big one - or a sort of local construction firm or something?

Edit: Just asking, as you said you contacted them, sounds as though the job may not have been particularly 'advertised' as such

Its a large company and through word of mouth. It does make you wonder though when people go for employment how many just get the run around i.e boss is not in, phone up next week,did not get your email/text and so on.

Edited by Big Sigh