Help with guitar

I live in Wigan but my son lives in Sheffield.

He bought a guitar from Johnny Roadhouse Music in Manchester and it's wiring has been mangled.

Any suggestions as to where he could take it for repairs without being ripped off?

Hi Zeke,

I recommend your son tries one of the below

- Nightingale Audio on Burton Rd, at nightingale-audio.co.uk

- Sound Idea, 384 Langsett Road, 0114 232 2011

- If you don't mind going to Doncaster, the repair service at Electromusic has always been excellent. electromusic.co.uk

There's been a discussion on this forum recently repair recommendations that was useful. It's at sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=976449

It's about amp repairs, but most/all of these places will repair guitar electrics.

I strongly recommend your son avoids Wizard Guitars (the link that Graham Y sent). No disrespect intended to Graham, but Wizard have a very bad reputation for service, honesty, and downright rudeness among all the musicians I know in Sheffield and Doncaster (they have/had a shop there too). And I know a lot of musicians! I have bought stuff from them twice, and both times have lived to regret it. There are plenty of good places out there with helpful staff, but that's the opposite of what I found at Wizard.

Regards, TT

Richtone are building a healthy reputation too. Bottom end of Broadfield road where the antique shops are.

thomastallis

I bow to your better judgement.

Thanks for the info, I'll pass them on to my son.

Careful, Thomas Tallis. Most of the time when anyone says that about Wizard the thread 'mysteriously' vanishes....

Try Chris on 079139097. Works free lance with a few guitar shops ! Always been honest and reliable and reasonably priced. Fixed my les Paul a few months ago (after I mucked wiring up ) sorted it right away.

I have just tried to sell guitar At Wizard Guitars

I have never known such appalling customer service

Eventually we had arguement and he physically threw me out of shop!

I am 62 and have never ever experienced anything like it

AVOID this place at all costs

Hi Zeke,

I recommend your son tries one of the below

- Nightingale Audio on Burton Rd, at nightingale-audio.co.uk

- Sound Idea, 384 Langsett Road, 0114 232 2011

- If you don't mind going to Doncaster, the repair service at Electromusic has always been excellent. electromusic.co.uk

There's been a discussion on this forum recently repair recommendations that was useful. It's at sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=976449

It's about amp repairs, but most/all of these places will repair guitar electrics.

I strongly recommend your son avoids Wizard Guitars (the link that Graham Y sent). No disrespect intended to Graham, but Wizard have a very bad reputation for service, honesty, and downright rudeness among all the musicians I know in Sheffield and Doncaster (they have/had a shop there too). And I know a lot of musicians! I have bought stuff from them twice, and both times have lived to regret it. There are plenty of good places out there with helpful staff, but that's the opposite of what I found at Wizard.

Regards, TT

Email sent to me from Wizard Guitars

You sad, sad person.........we were prepared to do you a favour by buying your scruffy, filthy dirty, guitar.

Your big mouth and terrible attitude cost you the sale of it to us, and as for the "physical assault", you are dreaming,

You were asked to leave, and left.........threatening us at the same time, with "facebook"

You are not a "customer" and never will be , so good luck to you; it is not our fault that you are obviously desperate for money.

Any further mails will be consigned where they belong. to the junk bin!!

Email sent to me from Wizard Guitars

You sad, sad person.........we were prepared to do you a favour by buying your scruffy, filthy dirty, guitar.

Your big mouth and terrible attitude cost you the sale of it to us, and as for the "physical assault", you are dreaming,

You were asked to leave, and left.........threatening us at the same time, with "facebook"

You are not a "customer" and never will be , so good luck to you; it is not our fault that you are obviously desperate for money.

Any further mails will be consigned where they belong. to the junk bin!!

Well, did you have a lousy attitude?

Was the guitar a heap of cack?