My laptop loads blue screen help needed :(

Hi i have a problem with my laptop, everytime i turn my laptop on it loads for abit but then goes blue screen with loads of writing saying software or hardware problem but i cant get on safe mode with out it loading blue screen i dunno what to do to get past this? iv check my ram it all works and the bios and my hard drive are ok.... shall i buy windows cd? and put windows 7 back on and format laptop all together or is there another way i can get it working with out losing all my stuff?? :(

let me know people would really appreciate your help any advice would be a start :( thank you.

you would probably have a recovery partition on your drive, check your laptops manual (or post make/model here and we can advise further)

Otherwise, someone (Either myself, or another forum member) could come out and take a look for you!

Blue screen normally means hardware failure, so realistically theres a high chance just recovering wont solve your issue although a driver may be at blame, personally i would remove:

ram

hdd

wifi card

then boot with out them in see if it blue screens,

then put back 1 piece at a time booting the computer up each time and when it blue screens you will know the piece at fault and what needs replacing, if no luck with that method it may be a driver and if you have no access to safe mode then the only thing would be to use recovery/reinstall of windows

Blue screen normally means hardware failure, so realistically theres a high chance just recovering wont solve your issue although a driver may be at blame, personally i would remove:

ram

hdd

wifi card

then put back 1 piece at a time booting the computer up each time and when it blue screens you will know the piece at fault and what needs replacing, if no luck with that method it may be a driver and if you have no access to safe mode then the only thing would be to use recovery/reinstall of windows

How would you boot without RAM and HDD :huh:

hahahahaha

ram

hdd

wifi card

Or the wifi card, they're integrated these days.

Also BSOD isn't normally hardware related. Most of the ones I've dealt with have been software related, a corrupt driver usually, telling the system the wrong set of instructions and then the system mishandling the hardware.

The only correct bit about that post is:

a driver may be at blame

but the way it's posted is dismissive.

you would probably have a recovery partition on your drive

But by using the recovery partition, he would most likely lose any files that are not backed up.

The first step is to check the error code given by the blue screen., and the error message as well. They are there to help you diagnose it.

Its also worth mentioning that BSODs can happen because of a faulty hard drive. But obviously reinstalling the OS will help rule out software being the cause.

Or the wifi card, they're integrated these days.

Also BSOD isn't normally hardware related. Most of the ones I've dealt with have been software related, a corrupt driver usually, telling the system the wrong set of instructions and then the system mishandling the hardware.

The only correct bit about that post is:

but the way it's posted is dismissive.

I work in IT and if a machine has been working fine and then develops a BSOD after post more times than not its a failed hdd, failed mem or swollen caps(doubtful on a laptop).

To the OP, download a Linux live cd and see if you can boot from that.

I work in IT and if a machine has been working fine and then develops a BSOD after post more times than not its a failed hdd, failed mem or swollen caps(doubtful on a laptop).

To the OP, download a Linux live cd and see if you can boot from that.

I've been building PCs for the last 18 years. I'm not saying that h/w failure isn't a cause of BSOD but in my experience, most for me have been a corrupt software issue looking back.

I've been building PCs for the last 18 years. I'm not saying that h/w failure isn't a cause of BSOD but in my experience, most for me have been a corrupt software issue looking back.

We will have to agree to disagree, software corruption can cause it, I just see more hardware related BSOD's day to day.