Things to do in Sheffield?

Two of my cousins are coming to visit me and we are planning to take a trip to Sheffield. We were looking at visiting the botanical gardens as well as the Millenium Galleries. Any other suggestions? We like art, museums, and nature walks. Thanks!

I visited the Botanical Gardens with my boyfriend last year. A very good day out, it was just having to ride on one of First's clapped out heaps of junk on the 30 to get there that it let the day down. I suggest you take them in TJ Hughes cafe for dinner.

TJ Hughes for dinner?????

I can think of plenty of lovely cafes a bit better than TJ Hughes :)

I visited the Botanical Gardens with my boyfriend last year. A very good day out, it was just having to ride on one of First's clapped out heaps of junk on the 30 to get there that it let the day down. I suggest you take them in TJ Hughes cafe for dinner.

Omg did OP say that they were two little old grannies coming to visit?

Why not take them to see Castle Market and Heron on the Moor while you're at it?

smh.

The Graves Art gallery has a Warhol expo on at the mo but remember it closes at Three on Saturday. It also has a cafe

The Graves describes this as a 'High profile exhibition' and it 'reaffirms the gallery's position as regional showcase for work from some of the UK's finest collections and highlights the importance the gallery plays in the cultural life of the city'

In other words ... it's crap! The works displayed are just leftovers of sweepings from the factory floor (pun intended). Autobiographical prints from the late 70's that never made it ... sad really as I was looking forward to the exhibition.

On the other hand, 'The upper reaches of the Grand canal' by Canaletto is worth a visit just in itself.

(The coffee's not very nice) :(

Classic :hihi:

Take em out into the Peak District- Hathersage is close and a nice drive out up Ringinglow Road