Car air con mobile/garage recommendations

Hi can anyone recommend someone who does mobile car air con regassing or a garage in Sheffield please?

Try Neepsend Motor Factors

kwik fit, if it doesnt work they will refund your money

Don't use Kwik Fit, if it's right first time there's no need to give you your money back.

Had mine done there, an hour wasted, wasn't working when I went in and didn't work when they'd finished.

Put window down, we live in England!

Ive been looking into this today and you can now get your own kits to do it yourself - wonder if anyone else has done this and did it work ?

Put window down, we live in England!

:hihi: :hihi:

I bought a can of gas and did mine myself, it's worked fine for the last 4 years, topped it up once with what was left in the can.

Don't use Kwik Fit, if it's right first time there's no need to give you your money back.

Had mine done there, an hour wasted, wasn't working when I went in and didn't work when they'd finished.

So its kwik fit fault your car air con is not working? they didnt charge you anything? the machine they use will suck all gas out, pressure test then refill.

if there is a leak in the system it will not recharge

Ive been looking into this today and you can now get your own kits to do it yourself - wonder if anyone else has done this and did it work ?

if your system got a leak you will waste £30ish, why risk it when kwik fit is not much more?

wouldnt you rather take it to a garage who can fix it if it needs fixing?

if it just needs recharging then fair enough.

but if the gas has leaked out then it needs fixing. i wouldnt use kwik-fit even if they were the last garage on earth. bunch of monkeys without a brain between them that fit ****e parts and charge too much, often more than the dealers!

i work at swifts on fitzwilliam street, we have a bosch aircon machine, uv lamp, full diagnostics for almost every car etc, i have a brain and we try to fit genuine parts where possible unless directed not to by the customer.

So its kwik fit fault your car air con is not working? they didnt charge you anything? the machine they use will suck all gas out, pressure test then refill.

if there is a leak in the system it will not recharge

I didnt say it was Kwik Fits fault.

There was no leak, they emptied it, pressure tested but didn't refill it, even the manager said there was no gas in when I went back 10 minutes later.

All systems lose pressure over time, so much percent a year, there's a pressure switch in the system which will open once it falls below a certain pressure. Once the pressure has fallen the compressor won't switch on, this is to stop it damaging its self.